Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188980 times)

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2012, 07:35:40 AM »
They're both in SM64.
A Lakitu, with a camera, appears at the beginning (I've actually forgotten what he's flippin' out about, I haven't read the text in years), and it can't be him holding the camera at that time.

Maybe he has a tripod set up?  It would make sense if he was a news reporter/camera man for him to have one.

The Goomba in Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers is actually the same one from the shop in Monstro Town.

Or he was a regular Goomba gifted with minor telekinesis from Kamek.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:37:52 PM by AmbitiousShade »
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."
"Heard what?"    "Brian don- A-b-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word!"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »
Not sure why only that one Goomba would have telekinesis when ALL Goombas are able to lift things without hands.

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2012, 12:41:58 PM »
Hmm... forgot about that.

Characters in SSB cannot be injured too greatly.

or

Turning into a trophy in SSB heals you completely.
Both explain why the characters never have broken bones, bruises, etc.
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."
"Heard what?"    "Brian don- A-b-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word!"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »
No, that's just standard fighting game physiology.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2012, 08:09:49 PM »
Dr. Mario isn't a hack
Lining up colors to kill viruses sounds just like how science actually should work in Mario's world.

My real question is: why does Mario throw pills in at random instead of actively trying to use the most efficient ones?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2012, 08:41:26 PM »
My real question is: why does Mario throw pills in at random instead of actively trying to use the most efficient ones?
Progress, my friend.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2012, 10:37:25 PM »
Furthermore, who or what, if anything, is the player meant to represent? Are you playing as Mario, and Mario somehow controls the trajectory of the pill as it falls after he throws it into the bottle, or are you playing as another agent (possibly Wanda?) who moves the pills for him? Or is the control of the pill in the bottle merely a gameplay metaphor for Mario carefully controlling his throwing angle ahead of time?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2012, 10:05:47 AM »
I'll go with the last one.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »
The pills were a collaboration between Mario and Batman

The same WayneTech mechanism in the remote-controlled Batarangs is installed in the pills so Mario can move them after they're thrown
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2012, 03:18:09 AM »
Larry used to be Bowser's favorite before Bowser Jr. happened
So he got the honor of being the one to destroy Mario in SMB3, since there is no way he could beat World 1! But then he did, so the new plans in SMW repositioned him closest to dad

Morton's mother is different from the others'
It's so obvious. And would also explain why they stopped after Larry for so long--Bowser's main squeeze left him after she found out, but not before Larry... hatched?

Wendy doesn't have a real middle name
The O is for the silly rings she shoots all over the place

Iggy is vegan
Look at him! He's insane! It wouldn't surprise me, is all I'm saying. Not like all vegans are maniacs. You know how it is

Roy has testicle eyes
Really really sensitive eyes.

Lemmy is the nicest of the Koopalings
When he was young he made a pact with a particularly evil Magikoopa to suffer in place of all his siblings yet to come. He has all the problems that they would have had otherwise. Lazy eye. Stunted growth. No teeth. No girlfriend.

Ludwig is the meanest
He's selfish and cold and distant and gets whatever he wants and never shares. He doesn't even have to share his fighting style in SMW.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:19:51 AM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2012, 03:42:13 AM »
Iggy is vegan

That would also explain his green hair! Maybe eating so many veggies turned his hair green.. or he dyed it..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2012, 09:19:11 AM »
I guess being vegan makes your head look like a vegetable. Would also explain why he's in the jungle world in a room full of vines in NSMBWii.

I like the theory of Ludwig being the meanest. He totally acts it in NSMBWii.

« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »
Bowser tries to ruin the Mario Parties because he's never invited to them.
Mario Party 7 is where this comes from, and this seems to explain Mario Party DS' ending.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2012, 10:21:34 PM »
They've been saying that in-game since at least Mario Party 4, dude.

« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2012, 11:42:03 PM »
This is probably kinda more for Mariology, but how would a Mario Party go if they did invite Bowser (and Koopa Kid)?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print