Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188883 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »
The Mario and Wario bros are personifications of hot dog condiments

Mario: Red: Ketchup. Standard, normal, agreeable. Generally the first thing that comes to mind. Player 1 all the way.

Luigi: Green: Relish. A big one, but not as iconic as ketchup. Some people don't like it. Some people love it.

Wario: Yellow: Mustard. You love it or you hate it. It's got a strong, offensive type of flavor. Despite that it seems to be more popular than relish; Wario has more of his own starring roles than Luigi.

Waluigi: Purple: Grape Jelly. You don't put that on a hot dog, you moron! But you could... if you really wanted to... Likewise, Waluigi's very existence is ambiguous. He's only ever appeared in the spin-offs. Are those canon? In any case Waluigi is kind of a weirdo.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2012, 04:23:17 PM »
But then what is the hot dog?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2012, 04:33:51 PM »
Oh yeah! Them. I think they are related to the Muku-Muku's from Mario RPG. They even have a similar design, though you never see the Muku's feet.

I'm gonna have to retract my previous response to this. Deezer discovered they're called "Mokomoko" in Japan. You made one hell of a guess there, Toady-boy.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2012, 04:57:55 PM »
The Mario and Wario bros are personifications of hot dog condiments

Mario: Red: Ketchup. Standard, normal, agreeable. Generally the first thing that comes to mind. Player 1 all the way.

Luigi: Green: Relish. A big one, but not as iconic as ketchup. Some people don't like it. Some people love it.

Wario: Yellow: Mustard. You love it or you hate it. It's got a strong, offensive type of flavor. Despite that it seems to be more popular than relish; Wario has more of his own starring roles than Luigi.

Waluigi: Purple: Grape Jelly. You don't put that on a hot dog, you moron! But you could... if you really wanted to... Likewise, Waluigi's very existence is ambiguous. He's only ever appeared in the spin-offs. Are those canon? In any case Waluigi is kind of a weirdo.
Nintendo needs to start selling these now. I would buy so much Waluijelly.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2012, 05:27:15 PM »
That sounds dirty.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2012, 12:21:03 AM »
I'm gonna have to retract my previous response to this. Deezer discovered they're called "Mokomoko" in Japan. You made one hell of a guess there, Toady-boy.

Well I mean look at their designs. How could anybody have missed it.. :B
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2012, 01:54:56 AM »
Woulda been pretty easy to miss, seeing as no one remembers a thing about SMRPG except Geno. Haaaaaaaa

Interesting that they'd think to bring back the Mukumukus. What was their deal anyway. The enemy was only at Star Hill if I remember right, but apparently they were supposed to be some kind of important, because there was an item that summoned one in battle (cost 69 coins and healed 69 HP. Gross)

The only other thing that carried over from SMRPG to anything would seem to be the Shamans, retooled into Merlon's family in Paper Mario, then retooled to be... a cult whose names are actually titles... it's weird 'cause they pass it off like the name indicates your job, but Mushroom Kingdom Merlon and Rogueport Merlon don't do anything even close to the same thing, Rogueport Merluvlee does Mushroom Kingdom Merluvlee and Merlon's jobs, Rogueport has no Merlow and instead gives his job to Dazzle, and Merlee's job has been perfectly consistent for all three games, right down to her apparent need to speak in rhyme.

What's up with THAT, huh
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2012, 12:50:51 AM »
I'm not sure why, but my brain always imagines that

Miis are singing the BAHs

There's not much evidence for this theory, aside from the fact that NSMB and the Wii both came out in 2006. SM64 had some BAHs though. Maybe they were sung by some kind of ur-Mii.

« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2012, 06:04:44 AM »
The 1,000,000 coins are being collected because Mario was threatened by Wario.
Wario wanted to make a statue or a castle or something made of gold because he could.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:20:41 AM by bobbysq1337 »

« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2012, 07:27:03 AM »
SM64 had some BAHs though

What. Where?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2012, 12:38:10 PM »
Does the "Course Start" theme count as BAHs? Maybe not. That makes my theory stronger then.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2012, 12:52:43 PM »
I always thought the BAHs in Mario 64 were being sung by the Bob-ombs. My 5-year-old ears took them to sound very similar to the Bob-omb Buddy's voice.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2012, 05:34:08 PM »
I seem to remember a similar sound being used for cancelling something/answering no to something in Mario Party 2. Or at least it sounded similar to me. So my mind connected that to the otherworldly source of faceless text that offers you those Yes/No dialogues. Which may as well also be the voice that narrates when there's no narrator character, describes items and gives tutorials.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2012, 06:20:20 PM »
I don't think "Course Start" has BAHs. It may just be a harp or some other stringed instrument playing very high.. I'm just having a hard time remembering Bahs in SM64 (odd considering that they are a unique musical tone/sound effect).

« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCoUY-xcsaQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCoUY-xcsaQ</a>

In case anyone needs a refresher.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print