Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1705076 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5295 on: March 10, 2009, 10:36:05 AM »
For example, images of an 18-year-old who is dressed as a child, such as Britney Spears in a pop video, clearly is not illegal.
But she was 17 in that video. Unless you're Asian.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5296 on: March 10, 2009, 05:08:46 PM »
I had an idea for a DJ Hero way back in 2006. I'm not sure if the actual game is going to be anything like my idea, and in all likelyhood it's going to suck, but it sounds kinda cool.

In case anyone's wondering, my idea would basically be that you're a DJ who plays at various events, and are gven free reign to do whatever with the material you have. Like a real DJ, you'd have to react to the crowd's desires - whether the tempo should be slow or fast, what genre, etc, and failure to meet them would lower your crowd rating. You'd lay down tracks in real time on this sort of simplified hybrid DJ station using pre-selected songs to sample from. If you do well enough with a certain artist's material, then you're given access to the multitracks of that song, allowing you more versatility. And every now and then, there'd be boss battles against real-life DJs of various genres that specialize in fields like scratching, mixing, etc.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5297 on: March 10, 2009, 05:18:11 PM »
Beatmania?
That was a joke.

« Reply #5298 on: March 10, 2009, 07:13:42 PM »
What is that?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5299 on: March 10, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »
I think it's kind of like Batman.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5300 on: March 10, 2009, 09:25:19 PM »
Some will tell you Beatmania (and its sequel, beatmania IIDX) is the only rhythm game that matters. These people are crazy. Lizard Dude, the temporarily-decommissioned local rhythm game expert, would have you know that it sucks but is still an important part of rhythm game history (I agree with the second half, but think the game is somewhat fun, as long as it's IIDX and not the lame 5-button version). Anyway, Beatmania is the original DJ game. Most of the series has never reached the US, though some of the songs have been in other Bemani games that have been released here (mostly DDR).

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5301 on: March 10, 2009, 09:42:44 PM »
Beatmania is DDR with your fingers.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5302 on: March 11, 2009, 07:03:46 AM »
There's a lot of things I could say here, but I'll just say this: Fools.

I'll stop posting these when they stop making them.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5303 on: March 11, 2009, 07:13:48 AM »
There's a lot of things I could say here, but I'll just say this: Fools.

ARGH.  No one is forcing people to buy the game... you... you... nope, ShadowBrain summed up what they are pretty well.  Unless I want to use an insult that would shed my family-friendly reputation.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5304 on: March 11, 2009, 08:12:38 AM »
This is why blue ocean stuff is good. If Nintendo's strategy works, eventually everyone will see video games the same way they see movies, books, TV shows, etc.: as just another entertainment medium rather than as a unitary monolithic subculture/conspiracy. Nobody says DVD players hate families because they can play Requiem for a Dream, nor that they are too kiddy because they can play Barney's Big Adventure. And making an inexpensive, unintimidating console with an inviting, light-hearted, inoffensive atmosphere and a crapload of games is probably the best way to get that Promethian task done.

At least that's the idea.

« Reply #5305 on: March 11, 2009, 02:56:53 PM »
Today was a pretty bad day for me. And it's my birthday no less!

-I slept through two of my classes because my stupid alarm failed to go off.

-I wanna go home for the upcoming break, but members of my church are trying to get me to go on a mission trip to Florida.

-My back is killing me (don't ever sleep on your stomach with three pillows elevating your head!).

-Waiting for the next chapter of Naruto to come out every Thursday kind of sucks. I know, I know, go ahead and shoot me for liking Naruto.

-I got mustard on my beloved Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl jacket. I did manage to get it off, but at the time it was pretty aggravating.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5306 on: March 11, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »
ARGH.  No one is forcing people to buy the game... you... you... nope

Oh man, you disappoint me so much with that cop-out.

-Waiting for the next chapter of Naruto to come out every Thursday kind of sucks. I know, I know, go ahead and shoot me for liking Naruto.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as you agree Kishimoto's use of death as a tool to make the big bad of this arc seem even stronger is a stupid plot device. Especially since Toriyama already ruined that cliche with his overuse of it in the Dragon Ball series.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5307 on: March 11, 2009, 07:30:15 PM »
OH MY GAWD MR. WIGGLES POSTED.

As for the cop-out, I prefer to keep my posts PG, and everything that jumped into my head was either unrelated or above PG.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5308 on: March 11, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »
Nothing wrong with that, as long as you agree Kishimoto's use of death as a tool to make the big bad of this arc seem even stronger is a stupid plot device.

I totally agree with you. I really wish he'd stop killing off the main characters. I'm especially mad he offed Kakashi.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:11:40 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5309 on: March 11, 2009, 08:28:35 PM »
What? Kakashi is dead?

The pain of it all!

Print