Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1705196 times)

« Reply #5310 on: March 11, 2009, 08:34:23 PM »
Indeed. Other characters that have kicked the bucket are Asuma, Shuzinue, Hinata (actually, she's barely alive), Itachi, Deidara, and most of the other Akatsuki members.

Hehe, so much for the spoiler.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:55:14 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5311 on: March 12, 2009, 12:03:56 AM »
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed when my sister told me they killed off Jiraiya. It became a guessing game for me when she kept IM'ing me every Thursday with the latest summary and casualty.

So far I'm 2-3. Hopefully he eases up on the death roulette because it's getting ridiculous.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #5312 on: March 12, 2009, 12:46:08 AM »
^
Oh yeah, I forgot about Pein killing Jiraiya.

Ah...now I have ANGST because of all the spoiler tags.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5313 on: March 12, 2009, 01:15:55 PM »
Wait... The copy-cat ninja popped his clogs too?  *Insert Vader-style "NOOOOO" here*
Yeah, it sucks that Itachi died, he was my favorite character, much less the only worthwhile member of Akatsuki.

Sorry if this causes you more ANGST, PL.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5314 on: March 13, 2009, 12:06:21 AM »
Finally got to read 439...

All I can say is holy crap. Just read it 'cause I don't feel like typing everything out and covering it up with spoiler tags.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5315 on: March 13, 2009, 06:46:15 AM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5316 on: March 13, 2009, 01:46:12 PM »
I find it funny that this NIMF organization thinks that every kid in America has the same mindset as those two kids who shot up Columbine.  Seriously, any parent so concerned about this should keep their mouth shut and not buy the game for their kids.  Don't wreck it for the rest of us "grown ups."  And of all companies...you blast Nintendo for this?  Seriously, they put out one "gore" game to show that the Wii isn't just a system for the kiddies, and they get yelled at by a company that is probably run by a group of soccer moms.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5317 on: March 13, 2009, 04:50:20 PM »
Even funnier is the fact that they seem to consider Resident Evil 4, Manhunt 2, Sadness, and House of the Dead to all be family-friendly.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5318 on: March 13, 2009, 08:36:07 PM »
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10195807-17.html

And now, a written version of what I really want to scream right now...

*Inhale* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGODWHYIDIOOOOOTSIDIOOOOOTS

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5320 on: March 13, 2009, 10:28:53 PM »
According to Mirza, the ads featured a "menacing head with glowing eyes" that was wearing a mask with a breathing tube as a war zone "like Iraq" was depicted behind the figure. Citing Sony's responsibility to the community, Mirza told The Star that he was upset the company wasn't doing its part to "promote any kind of community renewal or even responsibility."
wot
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5321 on: March 16, 2009, 10:08:07 AM »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5322 on: March 16, 2009, 10:41:21 AM »
a "tween" version of Nick's beloved "Dora the Explorer" cartoon character...will be a new interactive doll aimed at 5- to 8-year-olds.
Since when are 5-year-olds "tweens"?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5323 on: March 16, 2009, 11:02:50 AM »
The same way 12-year olds are 20 judging by what they watch on TV.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5324 on: March 16, 2009, 01:37:48 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090316/ap_en_ot/dora_for_tweens

Old news is-

Wait, better stop myself before the Anti-Meme brigade flock to my post and then backpat each other.

Anyway, so far it looks to just be a toyline like that stylized Powerpuff Girls line from Mattel a couple years ago. Hopefully it doesn't pick up steam so we don't bear witness to Stylista Detective Dora.

Also, if they're doing this with girl franchises, where's the GRIMDARK boys franchises?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print