Print

Author Topic: Welcome to the new Fungi Forums  (Read 170484 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #375 on: February 05, 2009, 10:30:22 AM »
Quick question -- How would one go about adding a "custom title" beneath one's username? The option doesn't seem to exist in my profile settings... very queer.

Word choice, connotation. Koopaslaya suggests: odd, peculiar, strange, bizarre, weird, unusual.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #376 on: February 05, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »
Don't make me take this into the political board on you!

Weegee: After five minutes of barely considering all the factors, I have formulated the laws of Custom Titledynamics:

1. The likelihood of your custom title referring to a previous post is inversely proportional to how significant/smart the post seemed at the time.

2. The level of insult/teasing inplied in your custom title is directly proportional to how annoying you make yourself (something I seemed to have pulled off in spades).

3. The comic potential of a custom title is directly proportional to how many people get the reference.

4. I suck at coming up with scientific-sounding rules.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #377 on: February 05, 2009, 02:28:58 PM »
Sure, but how do you get a title? Do the mods simply bestow them upon you at their whim, based on your actions?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2009, 03:43:28 PM »
Yep pretty much.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2009, 05:54:04 PM »
Actually, that's a pretty good summary of the situation, Turtlekid.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2009, 07:49:08 PM »
Not all custom titles are negative. Sure, positive ones are rarer because they're less funny, but neutral ones are fairly common if you say something peculiar. You probably won't get one for that if you keep trying.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2009, 08:00:22 PM »
I'm somewhat fond of mine, actually.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #382 on: February 05, 2009, 09:11:37 PM »
I still haven't been able to figure out whether mine is positive or negative. Maybe neither.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #383 on: February 06, 2009, 02:51:40 AM »
My custom title is an ever-present reminder of my Xbox LIVE shame.
No! I don't want that!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #384 on: February 06, 2009, 02:48:06 PM »
I think mine is more on the neutral side. BriGuy92, I think yours is neutral because it can be both a good and a bad thing.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #385 on: February 06, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »
Mine's definitely positive.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #386 on: February 06, 2009, 02:50:44 PM »
I honestly have no idea what mine is supposed to represent.

« Reply #387 on: February 06, 2009, 03:11:50 PM »
Mine was from the Posting Ranks Topic...

When do I get to be a Koopa?

« Reply #388 on: February 18, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »
Holy!
This site still exists, I think first time I got here was more than ten years ago, I remember checking those fan art, they had all the anime eyes thingy. Good to see you dedicated.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #389 on: March 28, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »
This is kind of embarassing, but... I don't really know where to post this. There's tons of beta Mario stuff there I'm pretty sure isn't on this site.

Print