Print

Author Topic: SMB world -1?  (Read 3158 times)

« on: March 10, 2005, 01:52:17 PM »
Does anyone know about this? In the original SMB, at the end of world 1-2 above the normal exit pipe, you can actually glitch through the wall and get to a secret endless level known as  world -1.

Here's How:
You must be super mario. At the end of world 1-2 (first underground stage), above the main exit pipe (the reverse L shaped one)there is  a row of bricks to the left of the pipe's vertical portion. By standing on the horizontal part of the pipe, break all of these bricks EXCEPT THE ONE CLOSEST TO THE PIPE. The trick will not work if you destroy  this brick. Now, here's the tricky part. You must jump while crouching into the remaining brick. This will take lots of pratice, (and often you will break the brick requiring you to do the level again!)If you do it right, mario will slide into the brick and past the pipe, where you can now walk into the solid wall and then into the area with the three warp pipes. You will notice now that none of the pipes tell you where they lead (no text above them) and they all go to the same place. Welcome to world -1!

I didn't see this on the cheats page, so if this is already common knowledge, I appologize. If not, I am pleased to have discovered this for you.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 02:52:08 PM »
Welcome to 1985!

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 01:29:11 AM »
If you press A, Mario goes up in the air. If you hold A, he goes higher.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 06:05:07 PM »
You mean, there's a way past the Goomba?! I am so going to try that, Vid.

"I''m from Canada, and they think I''m slow, eh?"
This is a secret coded message.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 06:20:52 PM »
WHAT! NO WAY! YOU CAN BREAK BRICKS?!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 07:20:32 PM »
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 10:09:09 PM »
I performed this glitch once.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Print