Print

Author Topic: Through the cracks: Donkey Kong movie in August  (Read 10468 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: June 05, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »

I'm sure my pseudo true headlines are enough to make you want to punch someone in Wii Boxing, but that doesn't change the fact that you still looked! To reward you, I'll divulge just what movie I'm talking about.

The King of Kong (imdb) was originally released as a video game themed documentary at SXSW by in March. The movie is about two men vying for the Guinness World Record high score on the arcade version of Donkey Kong. The movie was a huge hit, and now New Line has hired screenwriter Michael Bacall to pen a feature film adaption of the documentary. New Line and Bacall are looking to dramatize the film's main subject matter, making it more "hollywood" than "Wario's Woods". If you are a fan of the original, do not dispair, because Seth Gordon is back to direct the feature film. If you have never heard of the people I've mentioned in this post, I'd suggest you spend some time on Wikipedia before commenting.

Honestly, I can't wait to check out this movie. 10 coins for people who go and snap photos of themselves wearing DK shirts. Don't worry, I'll remember come August....

Link: ign.com
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:28:00 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »
* Luigison gets his DK shirt and prepares his bank account for ten 1933 Double Eagle coins.  See you in August.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:16:31 PM »
Do you make all the Photoshop pieces at the tops of your topics, or spend hours looking for the right ones?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 06:08:29 AM »
Do you make all the Photoshop pieces at the tops of your topics, or spend hours looking for the right ones?

On certain stories, if I can think of a funny image, I'll try to make it :P
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 10:23:18 AM »
Man, making a plotted movie out of a documentary seems like a really really bad idea to me.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 12:02:06 PM »
I think it's already been done a few times.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 12:08:33 PM »
There's already a big controversy about the accuracy of the documentary, so if they turn this into a feature film, I see several lawsuits in the future.

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 10:18:01 PM »
I don't want accuracy; I want hot-rolling barrel action!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 10:29:02 PM »
I don't want accuracy; I want hot-rolling barrel action!
Well you should play Star Fox.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 01:54:39 AM »
No no, that's hot-barrel rolling action. Completely different!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 01:50:37 PM »
Oh, I see that now. whenever I see "barrel" and "roll" together, I think of barrel rolling.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 01:49:04 AM »
* Bird Person stuffs SolidShroom in a barrel and rolls him down a very lethal hill.
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 07:35:33 AM »
Bp, you actually put him into an exploding barrel. *Barrel explodes at bottom of hill*
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 05:28:28 PM »
How would you know?
* Bird Person stuffs SushieBoy into an imploding barrel and rolls him into space.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 12:42:14 PM »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 12:31:20 AM »
Wouldn't an imploding barrel in space (with a person inside) stay the same shape?
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 09:55:37 AM »
Not if the person inside it implodes with it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 10:40:38 AM »
Explosive decompression!
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 04:23:01 PM »
haha, I can't believe I completely ignored this topic when I made that new one.

dang it I feel like and idiot.

Anyways, I'll give it a watch when it comes out. An interesting thing to make a documentary out of something.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 07:22:14 PM »

dang it I feel like and idiot.

You're among friends.  :)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 11:28:07 PM »
I watched the Youtube trailer.
The background music is 'Teenage Wasteland', how fitting, lol.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 11:37:16 PM »
You mean "Baba O'Riley".
That was a joke.

Print