Print

Author Topic: SSBB: What is...This World???  (Read 9856 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 20, 2007, 07:37:19 AM »

Today's Super Smash Bros. Brawl update explained the virtual world the Smash Bros. participants live in. Much like Melee, it describes them as trophies, programmed to fight each other. However, in a Matrix like twist, the trophies seek purpose.A purpose not just to fight, but to find a place to belong *cue sappy music*. The screenshots that accompanied the update show Mario and Kirby, seemingly prepared to battle. Things changed right then as Mario walks over to Kirby and they shake hands. What happens next…

Well, you’ll just have to go check it out yourself ;-)

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 07:40:03 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:28:26 AM »
Can't we all... just get along?

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 08:51:21 AM »
I'm wondering who that strange creature in the last screenshot is.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 09:42:39 AM »
I'm wondering who that strange creature in the last screenshot is.

Yes, is it Mario and Kirby that broke the rules, or that thing? Hmmmmm...
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 11:24:25 AM »
Sounded more like Meta Knight was the rule breaker.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 11:28:19 AM »
I like this stage so far :D. Now I just have to find a way to attain a Wii before December.

I'm wondering what PL is wondering.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Super-Jesse

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 02:28:01 PM »

There seems to be some speculation that the clouds in this picture look like Bowser and Ridley, meaning that the bad guys from the different game worlds may be the ones that are coming to break the rules. Also, online mode being hinted here was thrown around on one website.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 02:43:39 PM »
I can see Ridley's ugly bird like head in the right and center cloud, but I don't see Bowser. Unless he's further right, but that doesn't look much like him.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »
I've circled what I think is Bowser (green) and Ridley (pink) in the attached image.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 03:07:53 PM »
I'd say the clouds are more of a coincidence than anything.

I am very curious as to what involvment Meta Knight has with this. Those familiar with the Kirby games know that Meta Knight's alignment is nearly impossible to determine.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 09:20:47 PM »
I first thought that the Ridley was an upside down Bowser. :/
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
Mmyes...this is rather intriguing, isn't it? This is one of those times where I absolutely hate my curiosity.

Oh, and I thought the Ridley was Bowser's hand. Huh.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 10:32:19 PM »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 10:40:38 PM »
It's Abe Lincoln and a giant pig!
That was a joke.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 12:47:34 AM »

Ganondorf, Master Hand, Bowser, Ridley. Makes sense.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 12:57:15 AM »
Looks like clouds to me. ;D

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 01:17:38 AM »
Can't see it very well?

I just think they're clouds and people are looking too far into this.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 02:17:56 AM »
Siding with MaxVance. Too vague an update, kind of an excuse for not having a real one, really. But a worthless update is still more than no update.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 05:21:21 AM »
For being "worthless", it sure has spawned more conversation on more message boards than any other.

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 10:41:16 PM »
Worthless? It was awesome. I wonder what happened to Wham Bam Rock...
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2007, 10:56:34 PM »
Who knows? Maybe he has something to do with Master Hand and Crazy Hand. Their attacks are kinda similar.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 07:55:06 AM »
I cannot believe that you guys saw all of that in a group of clouds! I never would've noticed that!!!
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »
That's because you weren't looking for something that wasn't there.

Print