Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 368991 times)

« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2010, 03:32:35 PM »
Why would anyone want an RSS feed of this place? Unless you're Glorb or Weegee keeping track of each others zingers.

I can tell you that the GTS, among other things, was useless, and trudging through the refuse of the fanbase on Serebii's Wi-Fi chat at 11:00 at night wasn't really any fun.

That's funny. I've held several trades with other people on message boards like CAG and TZ and RB and I've never had problems finding a proper or reasonable trades. I've even managed to get some legit event legendaries by trading with others on Pokemon threads in /v/. It's starting to sound like either you're impatient or you refuse to branch out. If Serebii's chat doesn't work, try out another place. It's a bit of work, but its not impossible.

I already had enough reasons to stay away from Pokemon, but not being able to satisfy any possible gotta-catch-them-all desire due to not being social enough is just yet another reason.

I thought Lucario and Lopuuny would've been enough to pull you in :P
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2010, 01:41:08 AM »
What the heck? There's an RSS feed of forums now? I really need to have a donkey avatar because I've been really slow to catch stuff here.

I thought Lucario and Lopuuny would've been enough to pull you in :P
No, it almost had me at Pidgey and Arcanine and Vulpix and Miltank and Mightyena and Cubone and Murkrow and Bidoof and that new fox Pokemon. Lucario's weird, Lopunny looks too human, and Zafaras unfortunately are not Pokemon.
You didn't say wot wot.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2010, 06:00:50 AM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2010, 08:55:18 AM »
Does HG/SS really come out tomorrow? Man... I'd like to get it, but...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2010, 03:21:38 PM »
>:C
It's not my fault there's cute in ugly.

This VGCats comic seems relevant again. The reason to get this new game? Did the other games have black fox Pokemon? No they did not!
You didn't say wot wot.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2010, 03:46:38 PM »
No, Bidoof is the best new Pokemon.

This is an assertion that is known as fact and requires no defense.

« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »
As opposed to previous generations' weakest vermin, I always make a point of killing every Bidoof or Bibarel I come across, rather than simply running from them. Something about their oblivious gaze incites a passionate wrath within me. In my opinion,

Sentret > Ratatta > Zigzagoon > Bidoof.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2010, 08:08:01 PM »
As opposed to previous generations' weakest vermin, I always make a point of killing every Bidoof or Bibarel I come across, rather than simply running from them. Something about their oblivious gaze incites a passionate wrath within me.

I would totally use this as a new sig if it didn't have too many characters; this resembles my opinion uncannily.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2010, 08:42:11 PM »
Something about their oblivious gaze incites a passionate wrath within me.

I can only imagine why.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »
As opposed to previous generations' weakest vermin, I always make a point of killing every Bidoof or Bibarel I come across, rather than simply running from them. Something about their oblivious gaze incites a passionate wrath within me. In my opinion,

Sentret > Ratatta > Zigzagoon > Bidoof.

For me it's like...

Zigzagoon > Sentret > Rattata > Bidoof

I actually think of Sentret and Zigzagoon the same, but since Ruby was my first game (shoot me; I did eventually buy and beat Gold, Silver, Red, etc. so I'm not a nub.) I guess I have sort of a soft spot for it. Plus it is, arguably the most useful "useless vermin" once you evolve it to Linoone. I don't really have anything to say about Sentret or Furret besides the fact that they're cool. Ratatta, meh. Bidoof...I can't beleive Game Freak actually spammed this piece of sh*t Pokemon all over Sinnoh.

Also I laughed my ass off on the other page when I saw people were comparing the new Pokemon to Lucario because I posted the exact same thing on another forum.

I reserved it a few months ago and I can'r wait to get it tomorrow. ;D

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2010, 11:16:29 PM »
I've decided that I'm just going to hold out for the third one this time, which I can only assume will be called BrainCrystal.

« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2010, 11:52:49 PM »
I would bet it'll be either MindCrystal or SpiritCrystal, since they both sound incredibly lame and therefore are prime picks by Nintendo's standards. The former sounds like some Final Fantasy key item, and the latter has little euphonic value. To quote a GameSpot thread regarding this very question, we'll get Pokemon Crystal Meth if we're lucky.

However, seeing as there was no Yellow remake following FR/LG, one could doubt that there'll ever be a Crystal remake.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2010, 12:05:50 AM »
There won't be one. Yellow didn't get a remake, and the 5th gen games are on the horizon. There's no room for a Crystal remake to come out lest it gets lost in the shuffle like it did in its original release.

« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2010, 02:19:07 AM »
To quote a GameSpot thread regarding this very question, we'll get Pokemon Crystal Meth if we're lucky.
It'd tie in nicely with the upcoming season of Breaking Bad, anyhow. You know, Pokemon Crystal Meth sounds like something that would be on Robot Chicken.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2010, 07:48:35 AM »
However, seeing as there was no Yellow remake following FR/LG, one could doubt that there'll ever be a Crystal remake.
Yeah, I was suspecting as much. I guess what I said was more a coded way of saying "I'm probably not going to get it".

Print