Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 373200 times)

« Reply #705 on: January 13, 2011, 09:23:51 PM »
It's some new names, for a new generation!.

Was hoping Kibago could keep his name but Axew is a fine name too. These names also match a leaked list that was posted on fansites earlier, so it is probably legit or some TPCi/IGN employee got really bored and is trolling the fans.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #706 on: January 27, 2011, 02:58:51 AM »
Jim lent me XD: Gale of Darkness. No one told me it was so cool.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #707 on: January 27, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »
So, that means it's good?

With the recent Gamestop legendary trio event, my wife and I have gotten back into Pokemon. I don't know if we'll be playing Black/White immediatley, but that's ok. I still want to collect all (or most) of the current ones anyway.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #708 on: January 27, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
So... I kinda accidentally told some friends I'd play Black/White with them if at least two of them got it and at least three people immediately said they would.

Dear sweet merciful god in heaven save me.

« Reply #709 on: January 27, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »
Will you play with us too :3 ?

Also, Gym Leader Iris will retain her name, while one of the Pan___ Brothers receives a new one. Dento is now known as Cilan. I'm guessing his corn-based brothers will also be renamed to some weird topping spice thing.

Source is Cartoon Network's leaked promotional images for Pokemon Black and White.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #710 on: January 27, 2011, 09:33:53 PM »
It's about time LD became one of us.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #711 on: January 27, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
I intend to pirate White, play it once, and actually pay for Gray.

It's rumored that the next console game will be a Generation 5 one with a story mode like Colosseum's and XD's (yes). I hope it supports Generation 4 and 5 games together in DS-to-DS battle mode...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #712 on: January 27, 2011, 10:33:15 PM »
I'm not going to interact with any hackers, cheaters, or glitchers, so no I won't be playing with any of you.

Here's my question about Gray: are they seriously going to release a DS game that long after the 3DS comes out? I don't know...

« Reply #713 on: January 27, 2011, 10:35:31 PM »
GBA games were still produced for a few years following the DS's release, so it's feasible.

« Reply #714 on: January 27, 2011, 10:40:03 PM »
Oh I know, but not top-tier Nintendo-developed games.

« Reply #715 on: January 27, 2011, 11:15:33 PM »
I'm not going to interact with any hackers, cheaters, or glitchers, so no I won't be playing with any of you.

You scared of my Stealth Rock setup lead + Trick Room team of heavy hitters?

Here's my question about Gray: are they seriously going to release a DS game that long after the 3DS comes out? I don't know...

I'm under the belief this will be the first gen where we don't get that 3rd edition. That or it'll probably just be a 3DS exclusive like Crystal was a GBC one.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #716 on: January 28, 2011, 07:15:22 PM »
Didn't think about that... hrrrrmmmmm.........

But if they go with the first option, what, no Battle Frontier or move tutors or gym leader rematches or, you know, anything that makes you think the game is a step up from HG/SS (besides the expanded list of Pokémon)? Unlikely, you know they leave all that stuff out so that they're sure there's something they can add to the Super Turbo version in case they can't think up any actual advances... as always. But if they go with the second option, can it be compatible with Black and White?

If so then I'd be all over that.

Edit: LD, I may not be above stealing the unfinished version of the game but you know I'm above cheatin'. But of course, I've got no Wi-Fi, so
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:17:14 PM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #717 on: January 28, 2011, 10:15:43 PM »
I've already made my statements regarding cheating clear and do plan to buy the game, but I don't have a DS at the moment and won't again until I get a 3DS. And don't have Wi-Fi either. So yeah, LD's not playing with any of us.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #718 on: January 29, 2011, 11:56:45 AM »
Aside from using the Missingno glitch back in first gen, I have trained my Pokemon legitimately using those items only available in the game (power items, Exp. shares).  Beating people with a team I put several days into training makes me feel like a proud dad.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #719 on: March 06, 2011, 01:05:15 AM »
B&W are coming out in North America today, you know.

Print