Poll

What are your views on homosexuals and/or letting them wed?

I accept them.
51 (66.2%)
I tolerate them.
6 (7.8%)
It's flat out wrong.
7 (9.1%)
I don't really care.
9 (11.7%)
I have mixed views. (Describe)
4 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Print

Author Topic: Homosexuality and Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 201173 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #300 on: September 03, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
You know what would be hilarious

If Jewish people tried to make eating pork illegal
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #301 on: September 03, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »
My mom also watched the 700 Club. :S  I also always confuse Pat Robertson with Robert Pattinson.

What if agnostics made certainty illegal?  Wait, how would we be certain that it's illegal or not? ...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2012, 11:43:17 PM »
I do have a really good friend, politically conservative (though she distrusts Republicans about as much as Democrats), Catholic (though not always the most orthodox Catholic), who was totally traditionally against same-sex relationships when I met her (and I was still mostly officially against them at the time, despite not wanting to be), and then her brother came out about two and a half years ago. She was kind of shocked and devastated at the time, using some language that I'm sure she'd regret now (and believe me, she's not normally the type to regret the use of language), but after the two of them talked (a lot), she's accepted him and become his biggest advocate. Really warmed my heart seeing her defend him on the Chik-Fil-A Appreciation Day page on Facebook. And she's still the same person she's always been -- loud, passionate, Christian, simultaneously highly traditional and highly nontraditional in a way that somehow makes sense, stubborn, and above all, fiercely loyal. I really wouldn't have expected her to change her mind two years ago, but looking at things now, it makes perfect sense. The fact that she could integrate it into her worldview like that gives me hope.

I also always confuse Pat Robertson with Robert Pattinson.
The difference is that one only pretends to be a hundred-year-old blood-sucker.
What if agnostics made certainty illegal?  Wait, how would we be certain that it's illegal or not? ...
Alternatively, what if absolutists lobbied to make uncertainty illegal, and then it wasn't clear whether the bill would be passed or not?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »

http://www.shortpacked.com/2005/comic/book-1-brings-back-the-80s/09-independent-man/a-79/

Interesting idea, but it won't completely die out due to the fact the heterosexual couples can still have homosexual children due to things like younger siblings being exposed to less sex hormones in the womb than their older siblings. 

---

Has anyone here compared their digit ratios to their sexual orientation (and/or penis length)? 

http://fingerlengthdigitratio.wordpress.com/2008/10/19/your-finger-length-and-your-sexual-preference/

I am a heterosexual male and my ring finger is longer than my index finger so I fit the trend. 

I have not attempted to measure and relate my penis length. 

http://www.handresearch.com/diagnostics/finger-length-predicts-penis-length-digit-ratio.htm

Note:  If you have the filter on make sure to change the word weenus above to the medical term. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2012, 04:35:51 PM »
Weenus isn't the medical term?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2012, 05:47:24 PM »
Heh, no.  Wenus is the skin under the elbow, but WENIS stands for Weekly Estimated Net Income Statistics according to the TV Show Friends.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2012, 05:48:52 PM »
Note:  If you have the filter on make sure to change the word weenus above to the medical term. 
I [darn] near lol'd.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2012, 06:35:12 PM »
What about ****** depth?  Has that been studied? 

While I think the weenus term is funny I am very much in favor of using correct terminology when referring to sexual anatomy.  I cringe when my wife uses cute terms for what I'd prefer be called the correct anatomy term when teaching my 6 year-old something.  It's not like I'm going to teach her that babies come out of a **** when birth canal or ****** are much more appropriate and correct than "front butt" or "wee wee place." 

Edit:  Anyone else check their digit ratio? 

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
My index fingers sit higher than my ring fingers, but the lengths change depending on how they're measured each time.  Since I'm gay, let's just say the index fingers are longer.

I've heard of the Older Brother Effect, where each time a mother carries a male fetus her body becomes more adept at feminizing the fetus (because it is perceived by the female body to be "alien"), but I didn't think there were simply less sex hormones involved.  I am not a scientist, of course.  Apparently the Older Brother Effect only applies to right-handed sons.

I have three older brothers.  Two of them are left-handed, so am I.

???

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »
I didn't know of the right vs. left handed correlation.  I need to do more research on that aspect.  Also, the less sex hormones concept in my previous post was my simple over generalization based on my limited knowledge of the subject. 

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »
I basically paraphrased from this cartoon:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Xs_dNkmW0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Xs_dNkmW0</a>
There was another video about the handedness relation to the older brother effect, but I can't seem to find it.  It was a news report on 60 Minutes, I think...

« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2012, 07:34:21 PM »
Heterosexual male here and my ring finger's longer than my index finger, so I fit the trend.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
On my right hand, my ring finger is longer, but on my left hand, they're pretty much the same. I guess that's kinda fitting?

Measuring from the base of the fingers (the crease where they meet the palm), on the inside, at the center of the joint:

Right Index: 7.2cm
Right Ring: 7.8cm

Left Index: 7.4cm
Left Ring: 7.5cm

All my other fingers are the same length on both hands.

(I'm also right-handed and the oldest brother.)

"front butt"
I am still amazed that this is a thing that people actually say.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

A

« Reply #313 on: September 18, 2012, 11:55:12 PM »

you guys are gaaaaaaaaay

and i'm completely alright with that
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

« Reply #314 on: September 22, 2012, 03:05:25 AM »

Print