Print

Author Topic: I'm surprised this hasn't been a spinoff yet: Super Mario Rock Band  (Read 7727 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: July 23, 2009, 11:36:47 PM »
I mean, Harmonix is making a Lego Rock Band. Alternately, Activision does love whoring out the Guitar Hero series by creating as many games as possible. With DDR Mario Mix on the table, I don't see why it's not a possibility.

And personally, I think it'd be an awesome concept anyway. After seeing Bowser breakdancing in DDR Mario Mix, I'm eager to see him shred a guitar.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 12:04:52 AM »
* Chupperson Weird cries himself to sleep
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 12:26:00 AM »
* SolidShroom wakes Chupperson and reminds him that this is only silly speculation and that hopefully it won't happen because people interested in Guitar Hero and people interested in video game music are practically two completely different groups.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 12:53:30 AM »
* CrossEyed7 has to admit that he actually would be rather interested in such a game, such as it is.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 07:18:55 AM »
I'm with CE7.  A Mario edition would probably be the only one that would be even a smidge likely to get me to touch a GH/RB-esque game.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:02:02 AM »
I'm somewhat fond of RB as it is, and would greatly consider getting a Mario RB, actually.  Props to CE7!
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 08:18:13 AM »
Just do Nintendo Hero and give me a game full of rock remixes of said music.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 08:18:54 AM »
* CrossEyed7 thinks we should go back to talking like this.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 08:20:22 AM »
* ShadowBrain doesn't understand why third-person statements need to be in pink.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »
* Chupperson Weird realizes that ShadowBrain doesn't know about the /me command.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »
* jdaster64 discovers the /me command.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 03:48:36 PM »
* Weegee isn't really contributing to this thread as much as he wants to attempt this new-fangled /me command.

Back to FG's original proposition, the difference between, say, Lego Rock Band, and a Mario Rock Band is that the former is simply pasting adorable Lego minifigs into the existing Rock Band formula. Conversely, a Mario-themed Harmonix title would presumably include a library of remixed Nintendo anthems. Let's just pray that Nintendo doesn't catch word of this thread... Eeuuugh.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Sqrt2

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »
* Sqrt2 has no idea why people are suddenly talking in the third person.

Anyway, I like the idea of a Nintendo Rock Band, but I wouldn't buy it (seeing as the full guitar/drums set costs a ton of money, not to mention that it isn't really my type of game).
AA fanboy and proud!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 10:17:48 PM »
I guess you need to be into Rock Band to like the idea. If it isn't obvious, I play a ton of Rock Band, so it's all good.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 10:33:33 PM »
* Chupperson Weird realizes that ShadowBrain doesn't know about the /me command.
No, I know about it. I just... nevermind. Long live salmon-colored font and asterixes!

Print