Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163056 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #210 on: October 05, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »
I can't get past 2-2.

I think it's 2-2. Something in world 2.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #211 on: October 05, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »
I can't get past ... 8-2? Last time I played I think that's where I was.

I am better than you guys.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #212 on: October 05, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »
8-2 requires you to find a beanstalk.

I dunno if you're joking or not though.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #213 on: October 05, 2009, 11:22:16 PM »
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=99399

This game is looking better and better with all this new info.

Also, skeletal rollercoaster ftw.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2009, 08:07:30 AM »
"World-ending castle" sounds more awesome when taken out of context.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2009, 10:14:11 AM »
So....this is the first time Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings appear in the same game it appears.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2009, 11:39:32 AM »
I don't care if Mini-Me Bowser is there, as long as his overlings are just as present.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2009, 02:09:56 PM »
plot: Mario is saving Peach, who has been kidnapped by Bowser

What a twist!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #218 on: October 06, 2009, 04:07:46 PM »
Why did they even bother putting that in the details?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #219 on: October 06, 2009, 04:40:20 PM »
I probably won't get this game.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2009, 06:33:33 PM »
That's nice Meowrik. I will.

Now if only the game had some unlockables or a flight based power...
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #221 on: October 06, 2009, 06:41:54 PM »
Well, the Propeller power-up could be considered a half-assed "flight based power", much to the gist of SML2's Bunny Mario. But agreed: A full-fledged Cape or Raccoon ability would be great.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2009, 07:38:52 PM »
I'd think that cape flight would be quite hard to pull off in co-op (unless everyone was flying at once).  Raccoon flight would work, though.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2009, 09:26:53 PM »
Actually, with this new info about the "Super Guide" that's come to light, I must confess my position on it has softened. However, two things about it still bug me:

1) Though it's been somewhat confirmed that this feature will be in a future Zelda game anyway, I really think that that kind of game is really the only kind that can appropriately use this sort of feature. Will I ever die eight times in a row on a NSMBW level? Probably not, but even if I did, what's to be gained by skipping around? It's not like there's some gripping plot or continuing series of events that's compelling me to get ahead--like most 2-D Mario platformers, progression is its own reward. Besides, going off of "number of times died" may be an easier way to gauge one's difficulty with a certain segment of a game, but it's puzzles and strategy-based stuff that would seem to merit a "Super Guide" more than dexterity-based trials--Metroid Prime 3's hint system irked me, but it was appropriate in context.

...Of couse, maybe I've got this all backwards, and it's actually better to let player's guides and the human brain solve strategic issues, while "demo play" stuff can take care of "I know what to do, I just can't do it" situations in a platformer (I'll admit it, I've been there).

2) It seems Nintendo is primarily targeting their games--including NSMBW, partially--at the people that were playing them during the NES era, so technological advancements had better be the only reason this feature is suddenly needed now and not when SMB came out.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:28:49 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2009, 04:26:02 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print