Print

Author Topic: Twisted New Disney Game  (Read 17491 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 07:47:01 AM »
It was just confirmed as a Wii exclusive for Fall 2010. Besides that, I don't think there's much other info.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 10:19:24 AM »
The previous news briefs billed it as being a platformer with a twinge of Okami's painting mechanic.

Looking at that piece of artwork leads me to believe they were right.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 02:00:44 PM »
I'm sorry, but that cover just makes this look like Kingdom Hearts Halloween Edition, at least aesthetics-wise. I was getting my hopes up for some serious scary [dukar].
every

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
It's like Jaws: The more you can see it, the less frightening it becomes... With a few exceptions, of course:

"It's Mickey time!"
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 04:19:54 PM »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 11:02:18 PM »
I'm sorry, but that cover just makes this look like Kingdom Hearts Halloween Edition, at least aesthetics-wise. I was getting my hopes up for some serious scary [dukar].

My ass. It's the polar opposite of both Nomura and Squeenix's stylings. Way to be shallow about it.

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 11:24:36 PM »
Regardless of the art, let's look at a more important matter: who do you want developing your dark Mickey game?

Warren Spector, producer of God-tier games of legendary quality and innovation

or

Square-Enix

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 06:38:35 AM »
Both at once.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 09:36:32 AM »
*maims ShadowBrian*

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 10:45:09 AM »
I've never owned a Disney character game, but based on the few first details it sounds cool enough for me to consider buying it. Of course, that's just these first few details though, like I said. Need to keep my eye on it.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
I dunno, I was hoping it'd be like Conker's Bad Fur Day but with Disney Characters, now it just looks like a half happy game.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »
* Chupperson Weird hogties Tv_Themes and throws him in the river
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 01:31:05 PM »
Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed its about Mickey saving the Disney World (not the Amusement Park). I was expecting Mickey to go Alex DeLarge on us and be a bad boy.

After all, the original concept said Mickey committed suicide.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 02:42:09 PM »
I'd be all for a Disney game which incoporates the company's most beloved mascots into real-world dilemmas. I can see it now:

"After Mickey Mouse decided to take his own life due to low network approval ratings, life in the Disney universe took a sudden turn for the worse. Minnie managed to maintain a sporadic source of income by means of streetwalking until, shortly after escaping from her abusive pimp, Mortimer Mouse, she expired during a botched back-alley abortion."

Stay tuned for the next chapter in which Goofy succumbs to HIV/AIDS following a string of illicit homosexual affairs.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 02:54:50 PM »
Goofy has a son, so he's not gay.

But either way, that isn't good for Goofy's image. Wow, Goofy is not a virgin!

Print