Print

Author Topic: What Are You Like in the Morning?  (Read 8212 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: October 04, 2009, 09:44:34 PM »
What I mean to say is, well... exactly that! Do you wake up still feeling tired? Alert? Do you yawn a lot or get eye gunk? Are you cranky and disoriented? Do you make coffee or something?

I tend to wake up with my eyes still sore from tiredness. My joints always pop and crack as I make my way downstairs, possibly underestimating the breadth of my shoulders and slamming into things. And I always have to pee, though I don't know if that's just me, or what.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 10:13:42 PM »
See attached image.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 11:47:46 PM »
I wake up at around 11:00 AM every morning, but I don't get out of bed for a few minutes after I wake up. I stumble out of my room, let the dogs out, and have a cup of tea.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:11:16 AM »
Nice morning, Rao.
And ShadowBrain, I think everyone has to pee in the morning.

My 3 year old niece usually comes in and awakes me from a dream, after which I proceed to yawn and just lie there. She usually climbs in bed with me and asks me to turn on Scooby Doo (or Shrek, or Aladdin, or Avengers...), or just starts talking to me about something that happened a long time ago. I sleep with my phone so I usually wake up checking for late night texts, if I can find my phone underneath me, as I usually lose it in my bed. Once I pry myself out of bed, I head to the bathroom, examine my breath and super rad bedhair, and do what you do in the bathroom. The computer usually calls after all of that.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 12:28:28 AM »
I usually have to set two alarm clocks (one for 6am and another for 7am) because usually I turn off the first alarm clock and fall back asleep. Alarm clock #2 is across the room so when it goes off I'm forced to get out of bed to turn it off. After that I make my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth and to shower. After that, I eat a hearty bowl of cereal. Depending on how well my yesterday went, I usually wake up in the morning either depressed or full of energy.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:05:57 AM by FlamingBlueMario »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 12:57:50 AM »
I set my cell phone as an alarm for 8:30. I get up always tired since I usually only get like 4 hours of sleep per night. I get dressed, turn my turtle's tank on and feed him, brush teeth and wash face and stuff. Head downstairs, put in contact lenses, do my hair, etc. Then I make coffee, get the paper, and have cereal. I leave for class around 9:15.

I like mornings on one hand because I like the whole cliche setting of the morning. You know, everything's very quiet and macabre. Just news on tv playing in the background. It's not very sunny outside. Still somewhat chilly. Just everything's in a sorta preparation stage.

On the other hand I hate mornings because like I said I never get good nights of sleep.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 04:28:55 AM »
It's 6:26 AM here where I live right now.

I've already taken a shower, gotten dressed, and done some homework. I think that's enough evidence to show I'm quite the morning person.

Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 08:28:35 AM »
I usually have major trouble getting up even at a reasonable hour. There's usually a lot of gunk in my eyes and drool on my face.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »
It depends on whether or not I have classes.

If I have classes: I wake up at six or earlier, get a shower if I have time/didn't get one at night, get dressed, maybe get something to eat, and then sit in the car for an hour before heading to my Comp I class.

If I don't have classes (like today) or only have an evening class (as with this Wednesday): I wake up whenever, get out of bed, sit in my chair, turn the monitor on, and do computer stuff. (Oftentimes I sleep in my chair, which removes the "get out of bed" step.)

I usually don't have to go to the bathroom in the morning, oddly enough. Also, I'm usually pretty alert and cheerful in the morning.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 02:26:04 PM »
I wake up and go "DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the nearest person's face.
every

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
I wake up at 5:30 am, do a dance, and go to school.

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »
"DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You insult the Great One with your misquote. It's "If you smell..." according to all his promos.

As for me, I wake up even more tired than the day before. Don't know why, but it usually wears off around noon-time.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »
Depends how late I get to sleep and how early my cat wakes me up.  Generally I'm drowsy but cheerful... until I have to do my schoolwork.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 04:25:07 PM »
I wake up at 5:30 am

* Weegee shudders.
Eeuugh...

Anyways, my mom wakes me at 7:30, five minutes after which I mechanically stumble into my clothes looking much like TEM does according to his picture's third panel. I then proceed to inhale a glass of chocolate* flavour Carnation Instant Breakfast, just as I've done every preceding weekday morning since grade three. Finally, I sleep in the car for the majority of the forty-minute drive to school.

Thank God I have no interest in getting a driver's license.

*More accurately, pseudo-chocolate [dukar].
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 04:29:11 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 04:27:38 PM »
Dude, during high school I always had to wake up at 5:30. Sometimes I'd wake up at 5:50ish if I didn't feel like taking a shower, eating breakfast, or getting dressed.
every

Print