Poll

Do you typically take showers in the morning or the evening?

Morning
8 (40%)
Evening
9 (45%)
Whenever
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Print

Author Topic: Shower in the morning or evening?  (Read 3604 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: October 06, 2009, 03:49:05 PM »
I always take them right before going to bed since I have a mental qualm against being dirty before laying in a covered up space for multiple hours without moving, on a daily basis. Just the thought of laying in my own filth for that period of time skeeves me out.

Also, not taking showers in the AM saves a lot of time.

Also on topic, what's your fastest speed-shower time? Mine's 2:56. That's a full shower; body, hair, face, etc.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »
Showers seem to make me drowsy for some reason so I prefer to take them in the evening.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 04:28:40 PM »
I used to take 'em in the morning as a wake-up call, but now I just do it the evening. That way, like Forest Guy said, I don't bed down with a full day's dirtiness all over me (not that I get consistently dirty), and mornings are kind of rushed around my place, considering where I live in relation to school (and my penchant for getting up early because I probably wouldn't be able to check everything I want to check on the internet otherwise with how slow the computer is)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 04:45:57 PM »
I shower in the morning. I prefer a full day's dirtiness during the night than a full night's dirtiness during the day.

And yeah, "Full Night's Dirtiness" is probably the sexiest thing I've ever said on this board.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 04:57:01 PM »
Morning.  Although I'd prefer not to sleep dirty and shower in the evenings sometimes if I've been working in the yard, exercising, or otherwise sweating/getting dirty.  I usually shower in the morning because it refreshes me and I get a much better shave after showering.  Even then I have a five-o'clock shadow at ten am.  Tub baths, on the other hand, relax me.  Sometimes during the summer I'll have a bath in the evening with a book or DS game while soaking my muscles, but usually shower in the morning anyway.  I usually take care of all three S's in the morning.  On vacation or the weekend I'll sometimes skip the showering and/or shaving. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 05:46:23 PM »
Where's the "whenever" option?
That was a joke.

Sqrt2

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 06:25:07 PM »
Where's the "whenever" option?

Or the "Never" option? (I don't have a shower in my house, just a bath).
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 08:14:10 PM »
Monday thru Thursday, I'll take one in the evening since I get so dirty at work.

Friday thru Sunday though, I'll take one in the morning. It helps me prepare for the coming day.

Sometimes I'll take two: one each in the morning and evening. I've been known to take up to four in a 24 hour period, but only because I had a severe headache or migraine.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:30:12 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 10:41:35 PM »
Showers help against migraines?

I take showers before I go to bed because it's just really relaxing and seems to help me sleep longer (and better). I also really don't want to put on my pajamas while I'm dirty. The only time I'll shower in the morning is if I get home really late at night and pass out without even changing.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 01:12:05 AM »
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 06:45:52 AM »
I don't know about that, but I've always found them somewhat theraputic when I'm unwell.

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 04:12:15 PM »

They help me. I discovered a special technique years ago that I've been using ever since (migraine and severe headache sufferers take note)..

When you get in the shower, let the water get warm, then plug up the drain like you're going to take a bath. While the tub fills up, wash your hair like you normally would, then take your wash cloth (if you use one), get it wet if it's not already, and lie down in the tub, letting the shower water hit your stomach/chest area.

Let the tub fill up until the water is to your shoulders (or wherever you feel most comfortable stopping it). Grab your favorite soap (I have a eucalyptus one that I use only with migraines), drizzle some on the wash cloth, fold it in half, then half again, put it over your eyes (or on your forehead) and lie there for a few minutes doing some deep, calming breaths.

This can help with most headaches. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 07:23:47 AM »
I used to sit showering.

Print