Print

Author Topic: You support, you lose  (Read 23209 times)

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
$31.00
pledged of $500 goal

At least the potato salad guy was going for something physicially possible, this is just sad

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2014, 04:57:41 PM »
It's the third time he's tried to do it. The first time, he asked for $2,500, and ended up with $363 from 33 backers. That time, he did have some really important FAQs:

Quote from: schaun bishop
i am worried that if i get hit by disintebeam, i will die. is this true?
absolutely not. in the battlegrounds of the main cyberterminal, when you're dazed, being hit by the disintebeam or hurtmore beam will only defeat you. there's no death in cyberspace. i will not allow it.

i am afraid that the cybermatrix might keep users in cyberspace if the console turns off or something bad happens. is this true?
no. when the console turns off, it only enters standby mode to prevent this from happening.

i am afraid the quantum turbine engines will explode when the console overheats. is that true?
no. the console comes integrated with an advanced technological intercooler to keep all interiors cool. no problems will arise.

can the ai back themselves up through media if there's an overflow of the galaxy ports?
yes. only if there's an overflow. however, it is very unlikely that it'll do so.

i am concerned about the console's galaxy ports failing and that i may be locked inside cyberspace. how can i get out?
it is very unlikely that you'll be locked in. the console's powerportal and powerbooth and other powerpod items will work independently allowing you to exit back home.

just say this:
computer, port me back to my home address.

you'll automatically be ported back home, where you'll be safe.

If you pledged $1,500 on that first one, he would send you your own CyberMatrix 100, in 15 years and 4 months when it's completed (estimated delivery date: December 2019).

So when that didn't work, he tried again, only this time he asked for $25,000. Makes sense.

the reason for the relaunch is because my didn't succeed. this time, i increased my project goal from $2,500 to $25,000. the reason for that is because my pre-project failed. plus, i'm not gonna be adding a video this time. the pictures will do most of the talking.

is that ok?

He also made some important clarifications in the comments:

• remember, all parts of the console work independently, allowing you to exit regardless of a power outage.
  • also remember, like a video game when you get through the gui and get to gameplay, a cybergame has a cyberterminal and once you enter the main game portal, you'll be in-game. so don't worry about being locked in. the portal runs on independent plasma energy, allowing users to enter the cyberterminal and gamefield as you would a video game's gui and gameplay.
  • for people who are concerned about my console being used as an act of terror, it won't.
  • for those who are physically disabled, i will include a cyberportal made disability access.
  • once you enter cyberspace, your avatar will apply to your lifeform, so there's no need for wheelchairs.

In those comments, one of the backers said "Dude, why do you ask for so much money? If you wanted 500$, I bet you'd get it in no time." So this time he asked for $500.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2014, 07:45:09 PM »
Hmmm... but there's already a device that lets you do all of the (reasonable/possible) things he mentions in the video. It's called a PC.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:46:57 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 08:56:50 PM »
PCs can be used for acts of terror, though. The CyberMatrix won't.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:10 PM »
Hey, at least he had disability access for the cyberportal.

A fellow's Facebook chat with the man himself.

Buy his book!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:00:29 PM by TheMightyThor »
Relics.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 12:21:04 AM »
"Eustace was right! He is nuts!"

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2014, 04:32:54 PM »
The CyberMatrix HAS been funded!!
Relics.

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2014, 06:22:39 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »
That's not disheartening. It's 500 dollars, just about enough to... buy one good PC, not nearly enough for the materials to invent a holodeck. Or build a set for a star trek scene. I'm sure 29 people knew that, and didn't pledge money to make the cybermatrix happen, they paid to see what entertaining step this is going to take next.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2014, 07:31:25 PM »
Really, it's more of that this is probably just encouraging him. Fake Kickstarters like these are pretty much spam and they get in the way of the real stuff, giving the site a bad reputation.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »
the real stuff like the ouya right
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »
The Ouya I have sitting here can attest to that project's legitimacy.

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2014, 10:11:34 AM »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2014, 01:19:51 AM »
Relics.

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2014, 02:13:03 PM »
Good to see that the destruction of his home hasn't set his priotities off track. Lego first, food and utilities later.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print