Print

Author Topic: New Wii firmware update  (Read 13760 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »
You don't read enclosed instruction books?  For shame. :)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 12:15:01 PM »
Read the manual. It's always useful.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 01:07:28 PM »
Hey, I never said that I don't read enclosed manuals in general, I just don't read game console manuals. I can usually figure out what I want to do on my own.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 04:29:25 PM »
Just not how to find the AOSS button.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 08:57:20 PM »
Hey, I never said that I don't read enclosed manuals in general, I just don't read game console manuals. I can usually figure out what I want to do on my own.
If nothing else you should at least look at the images in manuals.  Particularly from the Japanese Wii manual.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 09:35:58 PM »
Manuals aren't as fun as they used to be.  For example, they used to list all of the game's enemies; some had mini strategy guides... now all we get are basic, and usually obvious, control instructions... in three languages.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 09:54:22 PM »
The three languages part is probably what did it. If manuals were only printed in one language, the game developers would have more pages in which to put information about the game. Either that or the fact that the sale of strategy guides provides more profit for the game companies.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 09:58:04 PM »
Ugh!  Those strategy guides aren't cheap.  >_<
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 10:00:03 PM »
They're also unnecessary, but I guess that's beside the point.
P.S. Spider-man 3 has probably the most terrible instruction booklet ever. Except maybe some of the latest EA Sports titles.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 10:25:19 PM »
Either that or the fact that the sale of strategy guides provides more profit for the game companies.
I think we have a winner.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 05:40:08 AM »
And a winner can never be someone who uses strategy guides, for those are CHEATERS!
Besides, GameFAQs is free.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 06:07:30 AM »
I think it's a bit useless to put the manual in three languages even some games (Super Paper Mario, for example) are only playable in one. So you can still know how to play the game yet you're missing out on what exactly is going on.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 11:48:18 AM »
Here's another thing that I think is new to this firmware. When you download something from the Shop Channel, the Wii displays a warning screen much like the one shown when the console starts up. Now, I don't download too much stuff, so that may have been there before and I just didn't remember it being there.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 11:53:41 AM »
That was also there.

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 12:46:54 PM »

Print