Print

Author Topic: Welcome to the new Fungi Forums  (Read 170370 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #315 on: April 25, 2007, 05:48:15 PM »
I enforce the rules of grammar... that counts, doesn't it?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2007, 05:49:02 PM »
Yeah, but he's the rule enforcer.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #317 on: April 25, 2007, 06:09:49 PM »
I'd say I'm the rule informer, since I have no actual power to enforce them.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #318 on: April 26, 2007, 03:11:19 AM »
I enforce the rules of grammar... that counts, doesn't it?
Sorry for being rude and all, but your constant hounding about proper grammar is almost as annoying as, say, someone who speaks in AOL talk.
Additionally, Read the Rules
Quote from: The Rules
If you are not a moderator, do not act like you are a moderator.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 03:27:17 AM by SolidShroom »

« Reply #319 on: April 26, 2007, 05:20:24 PM »
I'd like to tell Max that, but I think he'd get mad. Oh, crap..............

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2007, 09:21:49 PM »
Okay SolidShroom, I've had enough. For saying that last bit I'll have to delete this topic. ;D
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #321 on: April 26, 2007, 09:32:11 PM »
I think what the rules meant by "acting like a moderator" is saying things that the modrators should do, in your opinion. Informing someone of the rules is not necessarily under this.

Okay SolidShroom, I've had enough. For saying that last bit I'll have to delete this topic. ;D
You don't have that much power (yet)...
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2007, 09:58:53 PM »
Yet? Oh no's, I think we'll see a period of total grammar enforcement within the next few years if that happens.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #323 on: April 27, 2007, 07:14:32 AM »
"If you are not a moderator, do not act like you are a moderator." It is self-explanatory. When a member is consistantly going through threads and exclaiming things such as:
  • This thread should be closed!
  • You posted this in the wrong forum!
  • Don't double post!
  • No swearing!
  • You can't do that!
  • These are the rules!
  • ect.

I understand that often times members genuinely are trying to help, but more often than not it is of no help. If you truly want to be helpful, then send a Moderator/Administrator a Private Message informing them of where the infraction took place, and they will deal with the issue. And if you really just cannot stand the injustice of someone "getting away" with breaking the rules, send that member a Private Message politely informing them of the rules, and any advice you can offer them. In this way, you're not cluttering up an already hurting thread, and you're helping to mold new members into respectable posters. You may not think it will have an impact, and sometimes you'd be right, but I can personally attest to the results this method can produce. You may be surprised at some of the members who currently post who've received a Private Message about this very issue.

Yeah, I realize that if you do it that way you're not going to get any recognition from the Staff, or other members; you won't be recognized as the champion of justice who does a better job at moderating than the moderators, but that's not what should be important.

This applies to spelling and grammar as well. Solidshroom makes a valid point, and though I'm not singling out Bird Person for this (As I, many years ago, often did the same) we need to stop harping on the spelling and shorthand usage. This is an online forum, and we're all members, moderator or not. We've got better and more important things to do than be elitist jerks.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #324 on: April 27, 2007, 07:57:29 AM »
I don't finish and post many of the posts I start, anyway. And I don't correct minor errors though I do go a bit mad when total neglectors appear...
It's YOUR problem!

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #325 on: September 30, 2007, 06:22:28 PM »
"If you are not a moderator, do not act like you are a moderator." It is self-explanatory. When a member is consistantly going through threads and exclaiming things such as:
This thread should be closed!
You posted this in the wrong forum!
Don't double post!
No swearing!
You can't do that!
These are the rules!
ect.

How often I hear those lines on another forum I go to. XD

The chances of a forum where forum members exist in peace is a dream almost impossible to come true. Oh well, at least I can dream.
Canada, eh? '87

« Reply #326 on: October 19, 2007, 06:31:41 PM »
What if the Mod's color is Green? (As in DavidDayton)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2007, 08:01:26 AM »
Are you using a forum theme other than ff?

« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2007, 12:49:16 PM »
...You can change the theme?

« Reply #329 on: October 20, 2007, 01:01:13 PM »
Yup. Just go to your profile, hit look and layout, then hit change where it says "current theme".

Print