Print

Author Topic: The Best Video Games You've Never Heard Of  (Read 41582 times)

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2008, 05:57:53 PM »
Definitely, they didn't sell enough to the point that Whoopee Camp had to go out of business, but they are both very awesome games, especially the first.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2008, 12:10:37 AM »
Y'all might find this link interesting: http://www.racketboy.com/guide/hidden-gems
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2008, 07:49:26 AM »
Here's ones I agree with on that site:

NES
Little Nemo Dream Master
Snake Rattle and Roll
Batman
Golgo 13
Mach Rider
Barker Bill's Trick Shooting
To the Earth

Genesis
Rocket Knight Adventures
Knuckles Chaotix
Bonanza Bros.
Disney's Aladdin
Disney's Lion King (somewhat, at least)
Quackshot: Starring Donald Duck
Ristar
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (somewhat)
Ranger-X
Comix Zone
Gauntlet IV
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (funny thing is, I used to hate it)
Championship Pro-Am

SNES
Cool Spot (based on playing the Genesis port)
Axelay
Wario's Woods
Super Tennis

Saturn
Clockwork Knight

Playstation
Tomba! & Tomba! 2 (this site has good taste..)

GameCube
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
XIII

Which leads me to realize I haven't played a lot of games, though a bunch of games on that list I didn't agree with, such as Ironsword on the NES. And I have tons of poorly-known games that are actually good.
Ditto used Machop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »
Golgo 13? Really? It's kind of amusing to walk around for a while in it but ... it's still not a "good" game.
That was a joke.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2008, 01:04:05 PM »
I thought it was somewhat good, it's definitely not at the top of the list or anything.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »
Oh yeah! Little Nemo is a great game (and a great movie!) I still recall it coming out about the same time as SMB3, and I loved it. When are they going to put that on the VC..? They're probably not, but you never know..

Now, what about the game Tiny Toon Adventures on the NES? You started as Buster, and could switch between Dizzy, Plucky or Furball depending on who you picked as your partner at the beginning of each world. If I recall, Plucky could glide (and was the best swimmer), Dizzy could spin, and Furball could climb vertical walls.

That was a fun game, and I kick myself for not getting it.. I could have either saved money for it, or bought SMB2 from a kid that lived in our apartment complex. *sigh*
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2008, 07:11:31 PM »
It costs $3 at your local game shop.
That was a joke.

« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2008, 07:21:31 PM »
Sadly, I don't have a local game shop anymore. They've gone out of business, and there was another one, but they moved, I've no idea where to.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »
Now, what about the game Tiny Toon Adventures on the NES? You started as Buster, and could switch between Dizzy, Plucky or Furball depending on who you picked as your partner at the beginning of each world. If I recall, Plucky could glide (and was the best swimmer), Dizzy could spin, and Furball could climb vertical walls.
Yeah, I think I've played that. Not anything to stand up and shout about, but not bad for a licensed NES game.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2008, 10:04:09 AM »
Oh yeah! Little Nemo is a great game (and a great movie!) I still recall it coming out about the same time as SMB3, and I loved it. When are they going to put that on the VC..? They're probably not, but you never know..

That was a fun game, and I kick myself for not getting it.. I could have either saved money for it, or bought SMB2 from a kid that lived in our apartment complex. *sigh*

I'm pretty sure I saw Tiny Toon Adventures on that list, but I don't remember. I know I generally enjoyed the ones on the Sega Genesis, and want to play the one on NES. But yes, Little Nemo: The Dream Master is an absolutely awesome game.
Ditto used Machop!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2008, 10:16:02 PM »
Then of course there was Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When it's Dark Outside.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2008, 02:08:25 AM »
I can vouch for "Aladdin" for Genesis and "Wario's Woods" for Super N.E.S. being fun, but I think "Batman" for N.E.S. is just frustrating.  My buddy loved "Quackshot" but I never played it due to my belief that a video game based on a Disney cartoon couldn't possibly be good.  Obviously this was before I was talked into trying "Aladdin."

Has anyone played "Cybernator" or "Demon's Crest?"  Those are said to be great, overlooked games.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »
Batman is very difficult, but it's still a great game. That's a common element in NES games, challenge. Also, Quackshot is actually fairly good.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2008, 12:24:53 PM »
hat's funny is I consider Sonic CD OVERrated. That's the thing with these types of disscussions. Not many people will have a certain game...but then  the ones that have it and love it become fanatic and make it sound better than it is. Then people who never played it go into it with high excpectations and feel dissapointed.I didn't play Sonic CD until the Gems collection, and I found the time travel gimmick annoying and distracting from beating beating the levels the way I'd like to. The music and atmosphere was great, but it doesn't hold up as well as the Genesis games to me.

As far as games people don't appreciate or know that well...

Legend of the Mystical Ninja(SNES) , Sonic 3D Blast(Saturn version), Ristar(Genesis), Fighters Megamix(Saturn) and Parasite Eve(Playstation).

I almost want to nominate the Saturn as a system people haven't heard of. lol Obviously people have, but I have to stop myself from just naming gems iff that system like Panzar Dragoon saga, Bug! 1 & 2, Fighting Vipers, etc

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2008, 12:31:50 PM »
Is the Sonic 3D Blast on Saturn differed in any sense from the Genesis port? Also majorly agree with Ristar.
Ditto used Machop!

Print