Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188900 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2011, 05:12:41 AM »
The Yoshis in Sunshine are animate personifications of the fruits they last consumed
Throw a fruit in the water. It bursts into a cloud of smoke. Move one from its original location. Eventually it fades and reappears where it started.

Yoshis have to pay close attention to something to discern its color
Hence why the magnifying glass helps them identify which coins are red

Wario really does think, for one reason or another, that Mario is a jerk
There's this one game in Twisted! where Wario walks towards Mario and you have to move Wario's hand so he can grab Mario's and they can shake. On harder levels Mario moves his hand up or down to try and make Wario miss. Wario made this microgame this thinking it was a completely in-character move for Mario to make.

Wario and Waluigi are bio-weapons made by Umbrella
No lips; like Nemesis
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2011, 04:47:10 PM »
The Star Spirits got the real Star Rod from the Fountain of Dreams and replaced it with a fake one thinking the Dream Landers were too stupid to notice and the placebo effect would do well enough
And they were right

By extension, Popstar is out there, in the same reality as Mario's
Really, Nintendo's major franchises do a good enough job of being able to conceivably co-exist... Metroid, Kirby, Star Fox and F-ZERO all take place on other planets and Olimar is from another one. StarTropics and EarthBound both take place mostly in surrealistic fictional locales on an Earth with real locations mentioned (one man in Fourside mentions Japan, Mike Jones is from Seattle)--Pokémon could take place on this same Earth, seeing as Lieutenant Surge is from America and some 'Dex entries talk about India and stuff like that. Time periods allow for the aforementioned space-themed games, Zelda, and I guess Fire Emblem. Mario is actually the toughest one to place... it'd be dumb to use the "it's not Earth" explanation, but it is wacky enough to not be, and consistent enough about how its unique species are all OVER the place that it's hard to see it as being just a part of the same world as anything else. It's nothing to lose sleep over but I do like the Brand Universe concept a lot

Toads have giant brains inside their mushroom caps
But size doesn't matter. And if it did their brains have fungus all over 'em

Toads don't have bones
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »
Their mushroom caps ARE their exposed brains.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2011, 11:17:12 PM »
There used to be a lot more Toads
In Super Mario Bros., Bowser turned the residents of the Mushroom Kingdom into stones, bricks, and horsehair plants, and only Peach can turn them back. But in future games, there's just as many bricks and horsehair plants around as in SMB. So apparently Peach never did change anyone back, and the Toads that are around now are descended from a small remnant of Toads that were hiding outside the Mushroom Kingdom before Bowser invaded (probably in Little Fungitown).

Peach had just been overthrown in a coup when Bowser invaded
The Mushroom People were not happy with Peach's handling of the Koopa situation. They drove her and her loyalists out of the kingdom. These rebels were the ones Bowser found when he invaded. With all the rebels gone, Peach was able to reassume the throne as though nothing had ever happened.

What about blocks in other kingdoms though?
Also what about the block laboratory in Woohoo Hooniversity?
These two can explain each other somehow.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »
Blocks in other Kingdoms are exactly that: blocks in other Kingdoms. No Toads here..

I wonder if other Kingdoms have research facilities similar to the Hooniversity..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2011, 12:37:14 PM »
I always figured the whole "Blocks are Toads" thing was more or less retconned out by the time SMB3 was made.

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2011, 06:21:42 PM »
Yeah it would be kinda disturbing if that were still canon.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
The blocks are dead toads
Upon dying their lives play back before their eyes and they're shown all the times they complained or acted selfishly. Then they're shown Mario's life of selflessness and all the times he could have used the dying Toad's help but somehow carried on without it (starting with how much easier Donkey Kong could have been with powerups). They make their last wish to the stars, that they hadn't been so worthless. The star spirits can't reverse time so they make them useful in death instead.

Think about that next time you're like "[darnit], I don't want fireballs right now, I got a cape"
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2011, 04:13:38 PM »
If that's the case, why are the vast majority of blocks empty and/or strategically placed to obstruct Mario?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
Dead Goombas.

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2011, 05:01:57 PM »
Not every wish can be granted on time, or that particular Toad's life was so empty..

Bowser's minions placed said blocks in place
I don't think the Toads fell perfectly in place, unless the Star Spirits magic is making them float.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
You just reminded me of another old theory I had:

Mario's ancestors built the pipes.
He's an Italian plumber and the Romans invented aqueducts: put 2 and 2 together. We've never really seen who else could've possibly built the pipes, and some of them appear to be thousands of years old (that one pipe to Petalburg in TTYD comes to mind).

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2011, 12:40:29 PM »
Here's a theory regarding BP's idea about ghosts being able to procreate.

There is a ghost stork that brings baby ghosts.
And it looks like a Skeleton Goonie, except a stork.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2011, 02:52:47 PM »
Yoshi's Island was a kid-friendly and more fun-to-play allegory for difficulties with the births of the Mario Bros.

Or a dream their mother had during it

In either case, the doctors were Yoshis. Mario came first and was fine but Luigi was a bit of a problem.
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2011, 04:54:41 PM »
I like that theory (especially the Yoshi doctors), but then what happened during Yoshi's Island DS?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print