Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369108 times)

« Reply #960 on: May 14, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
Ah. Hmmm..

* Toad continues to try and connect the two, though that is probably fruitless at this point
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #961 on: May 15, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »
I get the feeling Fletchlings will be very plentiful in this game...

Pancham looks pretty cool.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #962 on: May 15, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »
Don't be so sure. Unova was pleasantly uninfested with anything. Patrat only appeared on the first three routes and Pidove appeared on just one route and in a forest right near it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #963 on: May 15, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
Since the 3DS isn't hacked yet, part of me thinks this will be a great time for playing Pokémon without the ever-present crippling thoughts about all the hacked and cheated Pokémon other people are using.

Until the smarter part of me remembers all the hacked and cheated Pokémon that will be transferred into the game from prior generations.

God I hate Pokémon.

« Reply #964 on: May 15, 2013, 11:58:02 AM »
Since the 3DS isn't hacked yet, part of me thinks this will be a great time for playing Pokémon without the ever-present crippling thoughts about all the hacked and cheated Pokémon other people are using.

Until the smarter part of me remembers all the hacked and cheated Pokémon that will be transferred into the game from prior generations.

God I hate Pokémon.
Since the 3DS can update games, shouldn't it be able to greatly reduce the amount of hacks?

There's also the possibility of some complex system that changes the hex values for different Pokemon in saves based on a pseudorandom number stored on Nintendo servers, thus completely altering entire saves if the values are frozen.

« Reply #965 on: May 15, 2013, 09:19:24 PM »
Kalos Region, setting of X/Y.

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #966 on: June 03, 2013, 10:53:57 AM »
Update on my Join Avenue: Three Rank 10 Dojos, one Rank 10 Cafe, one Rank 5 Cafe. 45 buyable level-ups a day. I'm wanting to replace my Berry Shop (also Rank 10) with a new Cafe because I had it developed to gain access to Salac Berries and now I have plenty of them, but I'd prefer a female NPC to run it so I'd have somewhere to send the NPCs who ask to visit any shop run by a girl, while I can send the ones asking to visit one run by a male can go to the Rank 5 one. No women wanting to open a cafe has appeared in my game for a long time.

But maybe I'd better not even bother. I've got three Pokémon left in White 2 who aren't level 100, one of whom wasn't in the original calculations, and was just a few days ago EV trained entirely from 0 to 510 using only Join Avenue services and Irons/HP Ups bought there. It's only going to take four more days to get them all there, and then... it'll just be there as a tool for other Pokémon I want later.

Everything's been made so simple by this that I feel liberated somehow. For the last couple of years I haven't wanted to even play through a game's story without making sure my party pokémon have the right natures, won't be locked out of the best movesets, and have at least average IVs because I wanted to be able to use them competitively later. Having them leveled up as high as a playthrough would get them eliminates a lot of the work. In short, I'm hugely opposed to wasted effort of all kinds. But now, there's so little work I actually have to do, I could more readily just play through a storyline for the heck of it.

----------------

Update on my awesome personal stats DB: My HDD is breaking! I just recently backed a lot of things up to DVD-Rs, can get all my movies and TV shows back from my friends and all my art is online, so that DB is the file I'm most concerned about. It's the only one I'm currently actively trying to find with DiskDigger. The only luck I've had so far is finding the earliest version of the file, just testing the hovering and changing table. I'd put a lot more work into it, highlighting the table cells for nature-boosted and -nerfed stats in green and red, coloring the cells for moves according to type and adding move details.

I didn't upload it or back it up anywhere so I'm really hoping DiskDigger turns it up. Not sure how far into the disk it could be. I've scanned most of the first 25% and not found it, it could be earlier or later depending on what may have or have not been deleted and left holes for the file to fill. It could even be fragmented or corrupted, or in a sliver of a percent that I haven't checked.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #967 on: June 05, 2013, 05:55:31 PM »
Got it back!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #968 on: June 05, 2013, 06:06:36 PM »
-snip-

Like it will actually look like that ingame.
Now with grandeur.

« Reply #969 on: June 05, 2013, 06:20:30 PM »
The art style is certainly different from past generations' maps.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:12:26 PM by Weegee »

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #970 on: June 12, 2013, 01:58:13 PM »
B-BUT SEREBII SAID

Actually, a few people have noted its passing resemblance to Skyla.

Some are thinking it's Love-type.
Turns out it's a Fairy-type.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #971 on: June 12, 2013, 02:37:24 PM »
http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

Finally got that Mantis Shrimp Pokemon.

"Talonflame" is the worst name for a Pokemon since someone named their Charizard "Blaze".
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:36:13 PM by Weegee »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #972 on: June 14, 2013, 10:33:53 PM »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #973 on: June 14, 2013, 11:11:32 PM »
I can't help but think

Print