Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Staff Ghosts  (Read 5836 times)

« on: May 28, 2010, 03:29:47 PM »
In my efforts to unlock some characters and vehicles in MKW, I found that I have to win against the staff ghosts again. The first one to give me trouble is the one in Mushroom Gorge. I just can't seem to beat it.

Any advice? It should be noted that I like to use small characters (like Toad) though I am ok with heavy characters (or, more specifically, the Wario Bike and the Pirahna Prowler).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 12:41:54 PM »
All I can say is that I find it easiest too beat with Heavy Mii + Wario Bike.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 01:15:48 PM »
Craziness! After posting here, I found a topic on Gamefaqs about this. I've unlocked the expert ghosts on all the Wii courses except for Rainbow Road (trying to get that one is a [censored]). I know I could just go on and attempt the retro courses, but my ocd tells me to finish this one first.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 06:31:45 PM »
Watch out for GBA Shy Guy Beach and DS Yoshi Falls, is all I can say.  Mario + Mach Bike seemed to be the best overall combo for me, but then, that's what I always use.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 10:41:24 PM »
If you're looking for good speed, choose Funky Kong + Flame Runner.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 11:29:35 PM »
After many more attempts, I quit for a bit and decided to do a youtube search, and found this. I logged back into my liscense and saw that I unlocked Rosalina and a heavy bike: the Shooting Star. I decided on a whim to try out the Shooting Star (with Waluigi, because I think his sound clips are funny).

I copied a trick I saw in the aforementioned video while racing my ghost. Poor ghost Toad was blown away, and the expert ghost has been unlocked.

My next challenge is now Waluigi Stadium, though I decided to go in reverse order for the Retro Cups (hence: I started with N64 Bowser Castle and worked my way backwards).

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 07:24:34 PM »
You know, there is a shortcut at the very start of the course. It will take a while to master though. But this is what you do:
When you start, instead of taking the normal road you take a left and use a mushroom before you go off the cliff. This is the hard part: land as close to the middle of the top of the mushroom as you can. Trick off the mushroom, and you should land on another mushroom, trick off of that mushroom, and you should land on the bridge with the ramp to bounce on to the mushroom ahead of it. Trust me it helps.
This bridge - extends from Nebraska to CANADA!

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 11:23:29 AM »
If I hadn't known you were talking about a shortcut in Mushroom Gorge instead of Waluigi Stadium (the last track I was talking about working on) I would have been thoroughly confused.

I unlocked all the extra staff ghosts a while back, btw. (Hooray for me!!)

I've been working my way through the GP. I forget how far in I made it though, since it's been a bit since I last played.

Print