Print

Author Topic: Memories  (Read 9756 times)

« on: February 13, 2005, 01:24:28 AM »
What memories do you have of the Fungi Forums? Is there anyone that you miss? Anything like that; and some of my memories are below:

- When I first joined, I was sort of like Jon. I was a bit stupid, and I think I needed to be a lot more mature.
- I also remember my first post; it was a thread called 'Why does Australia get games last'. Yoshi the Great started that one up.

There are many others I can't think of, but they'll come to me.

Also, on a completely unrelated topic, are banned members counted on the counter on one of the main pages?

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 02:54:17 PM »
I have some. :) I'll post later when I remember them.

Yes, I have common sense. I''m just stupid.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 12:12:08 AM »
Just remembering Jon, was Jon Hater ever banned? Jon Hater is Sadib, and we don't want him back again, do we?

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''

Edited by - Luigi Simpson on 2/28/2005 9:56:56 PM

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 07:14:41 AM »
I remember the time when Watoad first showed a video "meet watoad", It was kinda cool.. Anyhoo, it was kind of neat when i first joined,too. I was first an idiot,just like Jon, but now i'm changed. I like people here, they're always so nice, and always there when help is needed.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 02:24:19 PM »
I believe that my first post was in "Yoshi's Cookie Safari".
I miss a lot of cool topics. My favorites were just a bit before my time (Mr. Face, A Mario Adventure).
I also remember (but can't say I miss) the long, drawn out marioguy/Jon/Linkguy/whatever thing.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 08:21:28 PM »
The boards today seem nothing like they did a year ago.

Why all the jon bashing?
Deezer was here.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 12:56:16 PM »
I remember Meowrik,and Meowrio. I wonder where they went. And Mariobro64 too,i never knew any tidbits of him,but i've heard that he sucks.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 06:05:46 PM »
I have sweet memories when I joined. I acted crazy at times, but learning from my mistakes. I love the Fungi Forums. You guys are really cool. I was looking forward to join the Fungi Forums and it was better than I expected it to be. Keep up the good work.

Edited by - Tingrio on 3/10/2005 4:07:58 PM
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 07:38:20 PM »
Wow, in only one year, I miss so many people. There are a lot of different things going on here.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 10:00:49 PM »
I remember finding TMK and joining it as my first ever internet experience. Really, that's what I ended up doing my first or second time once we got the internet. So I signed up here as a stupid 13 year old kid, started up a massive arugment over board exploits(a.k.a. the Code Wars) at about the halfway point, and here I am after three years, less idiotic for sure, but I hope I'm not still too much of a [jerky moron](except to absolute stupid people, they deserve it).

If I had a dollar for every brain you don`t have, I`d have one dollar.

Edited by - Sapphira on 3/12/2005 8:57:19 AM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 10:19:22 PM »
> (except to absolute stupid people, they deserve it)

No, they don't, and that's where your problem lies. You're rude unnecessarily. I don't usually say anything because I don't think it'll do any good, but here I see that at least you recognize you're not being as nice as you could be.

To be perfectly honest, I would like to ban you just because you swear so much. However, you've been here for such a long time that I'd probably need the support of other mods and admins—which I don't currently have—before doing that.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Edited by - Watoad on 3/10/2005 8:24:11 PM

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 10:32:25 PM »
"I would like to ban you just because you swear so much"

Please do point out where I swear "so much". I've seen you jump on me for the word "hell" exactly twice, and that's it; that's just where bad people go when they die. I haven't even dropped the F-bomb at all. And if you consider some of my other subtleties to be "swearing", well, you need to get out of your little shelter.

Statistics are like a bikini: What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 10:41:56 PM »
I don't usually say anything because I don't think it'll do any good . . .

In any case, I don't feel right acting on this if I'm the only one who thinks that something needs to be done, and right now that's how things stand. There is no use justifying my case. Have fun with the forums, for at this time they're yours to do with as you please.

EDIT: I need to calm down. I keep forgetting to check the HTML box.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Edited by - Watoad on 3/10/2005 8:42:58 PM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 10:53:01 PM »
I remember the strange origin of BORED, how it changed from insulting nonsense, to funny nonsense. I also remember how Chupperson reintroduced the concept for the new ages! It made good reading, even before I actually posted. Speaking of which, Ask A Stupid Quesestion made good reading, too. Somehow, I felt it necessary to absorb enough information before storming in. Good thing I didn't make myself an introductory thread.

My first post... Hmm... Where was that? I think it was in Lizard Dude's "I Pose A Question," concerning the last new person to become a regular. When I introduced myself in that particular thread, I was way too formal. But better formal than needing someone to use Luigison's translator, eh?

Enough rambling, already. But good rambling, at that.

"What? A half-gallon already?"

Edited by - Suffix on 3/10/2005 8:56:12 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005, 11:30:55 PM »
Cash, I've had a talk with Chup, and he thinks you're fine. So you can forget about my petty whining and warning. They mean nothing.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 09:16:41 PM »
I remember the "Story about us: Herbal Essnces not included" story.  All in all, it was pretty cool, although I can't stand how I posted that ineloquent drab about me liking trees or something.  Lizard Dude did his best to cover it up by saying a passing monkey was... passing, but I still feel stupid for writing that, it was like a feeble attempt at writing well, when in reality I could have done a LOT better than that.  *phew* good to get that off my chest.

I remember getting one thousand posts and then two thousand posts.  I believe it's about twenty to three thousand now.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2005, 11:23:19 PM »
I remember first writing to the Mailbag. My grammar wasn't great, I signed my name with a lowercase v, and I am pretty sure I have made David go insane after sending too many. I was 12 at the time, saying I was 13, to make myself sound older (which, I think know, was very stupid).

A little later, I joined the forums, hung around for a month or so, and then leaving for a year or so to work at another forum. I came back after a few very bad people basically vandalized the forum and targetted me as being uptight and not being able to take a joke, even though I was one of the nicest people there and smiled at all friendly insults. I had gotten very close to banning them, but the other staff didn't want me to because our regular member count was low (less than 6 regulars). I still think it was a pretty stupid move on their part, because the few bad people were the reason why no one was coming. Banning them could have been the best possible option.....Anyway....

I came back, saw that #tmk was open, and thought "This looks like a nice place". There, I met Sapphira, Meowrik, and a few other people. I remember seeing Chupperson around the forum, and he was one of the people who was very nice to me when I first entered.

I then came back to the forum after finding my password, and here I am today.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2005, 11:58:33 PM »
 Thank you for reminding me, Vidgmchtr! I forgot to thank good ol' Deezer for helping me with my hidden account. A year before I used it, I created it, with a password I couldn't remember. Thanks to Deezer, I was able to recreate it, and jump into a forum, something that I had never, never done before.

And look at me now! I have a basic knowledge of HTML, and a self-proclaimed Master's degree in "Mariology."

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 11:31:55 PM »
I was using the search to look at old stories, and I found something that I had forgotten.

A poster named ==Dark Link== started up an RPG clan that was SUPER popular for about two weeks.
I miss that.

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2005, 12:12:08 AM »
Umm... so, was Jon Hater banned? I know it's off topic, but I just need to know.

Nachos make me macho,
Berries make me merry,
If you want me to stop,
Too bad. (Raspberry)

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2005, 05:10:48 PM »
I think I signed up RIGHT before Steve did. And right after the The_Millionaire, who packed up and left to TUNMB(the forum where we lost a ton of our active members to) after only a short time.

I also remember steeing up countless forum games, none of which were successful except for the Coin Rush Duel game.

And now I have a new, more fitting signature for myself!

If you want to point out my mistakes, don''t think I won''t point out EVERY SINGLE ONE of yours.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 06:06:39 PM »
Is it just me or did it just get a lot phatter in here. That is what I miss the most.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 11:02:53 AM »
I can remember joining my first RPs/Storyboards.And someone tried to include Sonic and Knuckles, but the next posted made it Wario and Waluigi dressed up as them, to try to trick Mario and Luigi. Or something. It was quite funny then.

I also remember trying to make myself seem like I was vet, even when I was only around for a few months. I was 12, what can I say?

I also remember a few names, but it doesn't seem like they're here anymore.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 12:52:45 AM »
Well, for some reason when I edited my hellaciously long post, 3/4 OF IT GOT DELETED!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG TODAY.....

Anyway, I'm not writing it again.

All I can say now is I remember virtually everything everyone has talked about in this thread so far (which is reminding me of how I, and of course, others, have helped spark ideas of, encourage ideas, etc.)

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH STUPID EDITING HOW THE POOP DID IT ALL MESS UP?!?!?!?!?

*cries forever* Man, I worked hard on that post...

''THIS IS MY PHONE!
I AM ON THE PHONE!'' ~Jon

Edited by - Trainman on 3/21/2005 10:58:08 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2005, 09:51:06 PM »
Oh, and in case you were wondering, my first post is in this topic:

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/board/topic.asp?topic_id=77337&forum_id=500&Topic_Title=why+does+Australia+get+games+last&forum_title=&M=0&S=True

It''''s funny until someone gets hurt. Then it gets hilarious!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 04:57:01 PM »
i'm right here

just stopping in for my once in a blue moon visit.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 04:58:57 PM »
That's great, Meowrik.

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2005, 11:17:55 AM »
even tough i was evil to him, gawd, i miss mariofan7.

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2005, 11:33:30 AM »
Hey, I've got a few questions to ask about this site.  First, who was Sadib and what did he do?  Second, who made up that hilarious word Dukar?  Who was that man?  I'd sure like to shake their hand.

The first time I posted here was I think in L.D.'s topic about who were the newest members.  Luigison said something about not being in the "flow" of the forums and then I joked about jumping in the flow and swimming upstream.  I said and did a lot of really dumb stuff back then and some of it resulted in my feelings getting mashed, and I hated that.  But I learned my lesson and now I try to be friendly and not too much of an idiot.

I kind of miss Things that Drive You Nuts and Bored, but some of the new ones that come in are cool too.  Be sure to join me in my topic Roller Coaster Tycoons so we can all talk about our favorite roller coasters! (sorry to advertise again but I just don't want to lose it)

Trainman: My sympathy for you.  That has happened way to much for me at bad times.  Now I make sure to copy everything I type before I post it just in case something like that happens.

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 6/11/2005 10:35:10 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2005, 02:59:38 PM »
Sadib100 was an underage member who was a bit rebellious and didn't know when to stop insulting people, although most people don't.  He was banned, but didn't want to leave, but unfortunately each of his new accounts were banned.  He went to some other forum and they made an anti-TMK topic that probably has died by now.  His story is sad, except he wasn't very nice, so I don't fell as sorry for him as I do other things(Why did Leatherhead have to be abandoned? *sobs*)

Lizard Dude's friends accidentally made up the word Dukar by saying it in the bathroom once; I believe his words were, "I really have to go take a big dukar!".  So Lizard Dude and friends discussed this among themselves until they used it without more discussion and just ...used it.  Lizard Dude spread it to here, and continues to use it throughout his daily life.  He resides in Montana, with his beautiful wife, Sharon, who doesn't exist, but was necessary to mention in order to make this sound like some weird bio on Lizard Dude.

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2005, 09:30:56 PM »
It seems to me that Markio's description of sadib100 is somewhat on the mild side. sadib100, aka marioguy (he had several other names too), was a very mean and bad-mouthed eleven-year-old who often cussed and said "*kills [another member]*". Consequently he became one of the most hated members of the forums. I joined after he was gone, but I have read old topics that revealed a lot about his former actions. Click here, here, and here to see some of those topics.

Edited by - smfan1085 on 6/11/2005 9:07:30 PM

GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2005, 04:00:36 AM »
Or click here to see the real story of dukar and my wife, Sharon.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2005, 08:28:37 PM »
I've said it before but I'll say again: that's one great and hilarious story. "Theory of Dukartivity" - HAHAHAHA!

Edited by - smfan1085 on 6/12/2005 7:31:54 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2005, 01:00:09 AM »
When Christmas comes, I'm thinking of writing a story- a Very Dukar Christmas.

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2005, 03:47:04 PM »
^_^

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2005, 06:16:24 PM »
Everything nowadays is "Dukar-this" or "Dukar-that".  Whatever happened to when I was a kid and we had to walk 50 miles to listen to the first radio broadcast of the word "Dukar" and we went home with a smile on our face, knowing that something had actually been accomplished. You kids today take "Dukar" way too lightly.  I'm cutting you off from my steady supply of aerial nutrients right now.

"It''s impossible this way!"

Edited by - Red Paratroopa on 6/14/2005 5:17:21 PM
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2005, 08:19:27 PM »
Shaddap, ya old dukar.

Print