Print

Author Topic: Greetings from SMBHQ.  (Read 6998 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2002, 06:19:24 PM »
Um, dude, I didn't say one bad thing about TMK.

If you actually read my posts, I am merely defending SMBHQ.

All I said about TMK is that I thought it was odd how long it took to load the message boards.  I was curious if it was my problem or a problem for everyone.  So please, don't get on my case and accuse me of "bashing" TMK when I have never done so.  I think TMK is a fine site.  I'm just defending my own site.-jay

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2002, 07:17:18 PM »
The 3 things I like about SMBHQ are:

1. NCs! Of course!!! Hilarious stuff, that.

2. The sheer number of trivia quizzes there. Of course, in one is says that there are 8 red coins pr level of Yoshi's Island... which is practically an insult for someone who has beaten YI with striaght 100s and with their feet (Though not with 100s) . There are 20 red coins in every level of Yoshi's Island except Extra 3, and there are 21 there. (Count 'em yourself!)

3. The Mushroom King. More trivia, and all that cynicism and sarcasm I love soooooooo much, although I have noticed at least 3 errors he has made too... (Saying that World 2 is the first world from which you can warp to World 8 in SMB3 strikes me as the most obvious one, you get the 2 whistles in World 1, use one, and use the other on the Warp screen. That means you can go from World 1 to World 8, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you are good at SMB...) I might sumbit some crap to him though... heh heh heh

Now, Jay, I know that my gripes on 2 and 3 are not really your fault. That and if they were, The NC site is more than enough to make up for it. I personally don't care about typos; for I see enough of them in the real world anyway! So take that for all of you griping about the shortcomings of SMBHQ. I'm sure if you look hard, you'll find errors on TMK as well.

~~"Insane" Steve, self proclaimed board cynic

I am the Diet Cola of forum cynics: Just one calorie; not enough...
~I.S.~

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2002, 07:41:55 PM »
Yipdy!
Im defending TMK from your message board loading time bashing!
Like i said, aren't TMK and SMBHQ allied?
Deezer doesn't point out crappy things about your site!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2002, 07:44:56 PM »
And I like the page about Mario merchandise in SMBHQ!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2002, 07:45:14 PM »
I hate to say it, but this board DOES have a long loading time, especially about 1 week ago. The script often ran out of time before the page loaded a week ago!!!

I am the Diet Cola of forum cynics: Just one calorie; not enough...
~I.S.~

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2002, 07:52:36 PM »
I don't get it!
People have been saying this message board was slow and it hasnt been slow for me!
I was talking to Waddle Dedede on MSN Messenger and even he was saying TMK was slow!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2002, 09:15:39 PM »
Yeah, it's weird. This board took WAY too long for about a week, a week ago. Now it seems to have sped up. For about a week, I couldn't even do anything on here because it was so slow.
Anyway, for the record, I, personally have nothing against SMBHQ. I think it's a fine site. It's just all the errors and typos... HEY! I have an idea!! You can let me be the editor! I'd have the place ship-shape (ok, site-shape) in no time! Because that, seriously, is the only fault I find with SMBHQ. And yes, the NC comix is funny!

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2002, 03:37:55 PM »
!!!!!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Print