Print

Author Topic: You Nostalgia, You Lose  (Read 88394 times)

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2009, 10:36:08 AM »

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2009, 01:16:29 AM »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2009, 02:52:45 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2009, 07:30:31 PM »
Lost, again. Somehow that pic sums up Rocko's Modern Life. Gotta love Spunky's eyes there.

You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2009, 07:33:19 PM »
Lost like you wouldn't believe. That single shot epitomizes my entire perception of Yuletide joy.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2009, 08:48:48 PM »
I starred in one of those movies:

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2009, 10:18:30 PM »
Starting with penguinwizard's post, loss by nostalgia and amazement, respectively.

Also, please don't hurt me, but I never watched Rocko's Modern Life.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2009, 10:25:40 PM »
Heck, I hadn't heard of the show before this thread came about. I suppose not having Cartoon Network didn't help.

LD, that's uncanny. He even bears your free-spirited, enthusiastic demeanor.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2009, 10:40:33 PM »
I grew up on Nickelodeon, though sometimes I regret not giving the chance to other networks that had great shows (reminds me of how being a Nintendo fan made me miss out on a bunch of other stuff). But then, you come across the occasional gem, so it might balance out. Or you just YouTube everything these days.

As I recall, Rocko was one of those shows where I didn't realize how great it was until it was off the air. And no, I don't get the Nicktoons channel.

But as compensation, I find enjoyment in how any new retro show I watch inevitably has some famous cartoon voice actor in it.

You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2009, 07:42:21 AM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2009, 06:54:29 PM »

Ignore the text and the superimposed WWE logo, any hardcore wrestling fan will recognize the greatness that was Chris Jericho, the Man of 1004 Holds.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2009, 07:32:06 PM »
He was such a ******bag. My favorite wrestler was always Mick Foley. Also, Chris Benoit.

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2009, 08:00:52 PM »
The WWE is really terrible now IMO. Everything is John Cena, Triple H and Randy Orton nowadays. Randy is a good wrestler/entertainer but John Cena is terrible. HHH is just lame.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »
[img]

Lost.  Hate my SMB3 cart sometimes...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
The WWE is really terrible now IMO. Everything is John Cena, Triple H and Randy Orton nowadays. Randy is a good wrestler/entertainer but John Cena is terrible. HHH is just lame.

I know what you mean. Raw is practically unwatchable these days because of all the ratings gimmicks and the roster being so huge yet so underutilized to give HHH and Cena even more screentime. I only watch it for MVP and JeriShow but those guys are being wasted in the undercard. Thankfully SmackDown has never fallen into that trap since they're always shuffling the headliners around.

Also, time to revive this thread with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqm4FEaoQRc

It sorta doubles as a You Freak Out, You Lose but its old enough to qualify as both nostalgic and creepy.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print