Dashell
2 (13.3%)
Piccolo
2 (13.3%)
Breadward
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Pixl  (Read 4035 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« on: May 30, 2007, 04:47:24 PM »
I picked Dottie, since shrinking can be such a useful defensive tactic (especially in the Duel of 100).

For those confused about Breadward, he was a Pixl that "Merlee" offered you in 2-4 when she wanted you to sign her contract. He was made of oats and lard.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 05:40:25 PM »
In terms of personality, Tippi was my favorite. The fact that she was wise, witty, caring, and originally a human made her interesting and one of my favorite characters. All the other pixls had just one speaking part, so their personalities couldn't really be developed. However, that's probably good since they were not related to the story itself, and thus avoided the lengthy "say good-bye to all your partners" bit that occurred in the previous two games.

In terms of ability, Thoreau and Boomer really helped me out in most parts of the game.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 05:46:23 PM »
Ability-wise, I'll have to go with Carrie, who pairs up with Bowser to create "the Dream Team", as it were.
You take Bowser's double damage, add on the speed of Carrie, add the fact that you can breathe fire mid-air, and top it off with the ability to jump on spiked enemies, and you've got a nigh-unstoppable combo!  The many hundreds in this game would fall to the feet of the mighty Dream Team!
Go Moon!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 05:48:10 PM »
Yes, Carrie was also useful. I had a hard time deciding between her and Dottie.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 07:11:25 PM »
I should probably come back when I get them all. As of now I find Piccolo to be awesome, but Carrie was about the most useful. Fleep seemed under-used. Tippi did have a great personality and I found it a bit sad when she was separated, and I don't find Tiptron was good in her place within the personality area, just useful for what Tippi was used for gameplay-wise.
I'm a horrible person.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 07:20:03 PM »
I like Tippi.  When I first saw her I was like "oh, gawd!  Is this another Navi? O_O"  But she turned out to be a billion times better (and more bearable) than Navi.  I miss Tippi, but I'm glad she and Bleck were able to reunite.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 08:17:03 PM »

While I post a picture of Cudge, I'll have to go with... Dottie.
Also, no one noticed that MaxVance forgot Thudley!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 08:30:16 PM »
Bah, I knew I was forgetting one of them. I had to reset the vote count, so go ahead and vote again.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 07:27:13 AM »
In terms of usefulness, Carrie; Y=you can move faster, cover spikes, water, and sand, and bonk enemies! As for personality (not counting Tippi), I liked getting Cudge, in all his eccentricities, to holler "CHEESE!!!"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 07:36:53 AM »
I have to like Cudge. He helped me through the Pit of 100 trials.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 10:25:13 AM »
Dashell is defiantly my favorite Pixl, the speed and longer jumps gives the game the final nudge into being more like a classic Mario game. Before I got Dashell I always held the 1 button while moving around because I was just used to it, now I have a reason '-')/
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
I picked Piccolo because I love my music. Plus, have you noticed that the theme she plays for Bowser kinda sounds like Smoke on the Water? XD
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 11:25:11 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't call Tiptron a pixl, but anyways, I can't choose, I'm intrigued by all of them. :O

Print