Poll

Have you ever thrown a console controller or handheld system?

Yes
32 (64%)
No
18 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Print

Author Topic: Throwing the controller  (Read 15829 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« on: August 25, 2007, 04:47:13 PM »
I don't. I worry about possibly breaking it and haaving to buy a new one. Besides, I rarely get angry at games.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 04:51:03 PM »
I know I have.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 05:03:55 PM »
I have before. I've been gaming for almost twelve years. I'd never do such an immature, idiotic thing now, of course.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 05:06:12 PM »
I've definitely done it before. Can't say whether or not I'll do it again.

I do recount one episode that got me grounded from video games for the rest of the day. I was winning in Pokémon Pinball, and then I failed to catch a really rare Pokémon. I got so mad I ripped out my cartridge and chucked it across the room, knocking down a lamp, I think (nothing broke, not even the cartridge.) Yeah, sometimes I lose it with video games.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 05:09:05 PM »
Yeah, I haven't done it in a while either. Usually, I just start mashing buttons when I get frustrated. It's a whole lot safer, and it saves money.  :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »
Back when I was using a gamepad to play StepMania, all the time.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 05:48:45 PM »
No, definitely not. I'm calm and also treat my stuff really well.

Two notes:

1) Once while playing Boktai outside, a bee landed on my arm and I reflexively hurled my GBA forward about a yard onto pure rocky barren ground. It landed screen-up so no biggy.

2) I've come closest to hurling a 360 controller out of all of them. Wireless (and no wrist strap) really helps. Plus, classic arcade games are the most infuriating of them all (sometimes a good thing!).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 05:55:50 PM »
But LD, you can't beat those classic arcade games, can you? Then how can you show everyone online that you did?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 05:57:45 PM »
I can show them my score!

-Lizard Dude, 24th best score in world at 1812 Overdrive on Boom Boom Rocket

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 08:31:18 PM »
Throwing controllers is an extremely immature reaction. I don't get frustrated while playing games, either. Like LD, I am a calm gamer with a concern for the preservation of my possessions.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 08:35:29 PM »
Not recently, but in the past, yes.

And because of that, I internally broke my green N64 controller (Mario just wouldn't jump out of the moat next to Peach's castle).

I also threw a black GCN controller. The control stick then got pretty funky until it eventually broke completely.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 09:15:54 PM »
The frustration that led to me throwing the controller when I was using it to play StepMania (a bad idea, yes) was because of the controller itself, not because of the game. One of the buttons sticks, making it impossible to play anything on Heavy or Challenge.

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 09:28:22 PM »
I've never thrown a controller or handheld system, though I used to get really mad at Mario Party 2's Minigame coaster because the computers in the later difficulty levels weren't just letting me walk all over them. :p

I used to get mad at Mario Baseball too, but I have since learned that there are a lot of rules that go into making a baseball game. I truly thought the computer was cheating in MSB, but now that I know more about the rules, I think the computer plays somewhat fairly.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 10:53:34 PM »
I never throw controllers, I just bend them in anger, sometimes I hear some creaking and cracking in there!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 12:26:57 AM »
I come close, but see, it has the Nintendo logo on it, and I can't hurt anything that does. So I just punch my cat.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print