Poll

After using the toilet, in which position do you normally leave the seat and lid?

Seat down, lid down
6 (30%)
Seat down, lid up
11 (55%)
Seat up, lid up
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Print

Author Topic: Toilet seat positioning  (Read 5884 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« on: May 22, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 01:59:13 PM »
haha, I read the second post in that topic and realized that was around the time I was terrible at spelling discussion.(EDIT NOTE: And interesting." EXAMPLE: "Intresting.")

However, at this moment, I leave both the toilet seat up and the lid. That may have to do with the fact I am one of two people living in my house right now. (The other being my younger brother.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:01:15 PM by Bigluigifan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 02:47:40 PM »
This is about 50% related, but sometimes when I'm really tired I sit down when I tinkle. Does this make me less of a man? No. Isn't there underlying masculinity in admitting something feminine about yourself? Yes. Anyway, to answer your question, I leave the seat and lid down, because my mom wants it that way. She says "just because you and dad are men, doesn't mean you get to have the seat stay up". Little does she know of my aforementioned occasional habit.   
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »
I have my toilet all to myself, so I always leave the seat down and the lid up.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 03:39:17 PM »
I take pride in leaving the seat down and lid up after expelling wastes.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 05:11:01 PM »
My toilet is a hole in the ground. What position would that be?
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »
Since I'm a female, the seat is ALWAYS down.   As for the lid, it depends on where I dump.  The lid is usually up, but if I'm at someone else's house, I put the lid down.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 05:53:57 PM »
Seat down, lid up, most of the time. I laughingly forgot to read "After" and logically replaced it with "When," making for quite an interesting option.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 06:21:05 PM »
Well, I can't really vote, because depending on what I've done, I leave the seat up, or the seat down, however it needed to be when the deed was being done. Same goes for every toilet I've ever used. The lid is almost always up.

The three women under this roof seem to not complain if the seat's up, since they're outnumbered 4 to 3.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 07:07:44 PM »
I've made it a habit to put both the lid and seat down, no matter what I did.

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 10:15:48 PM »
Seat down, lid down. I'm a lazy man.
I laughingly forgot to read "After"
...oh. Seat down, lid up.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 03:28:42 AM »
Seat down, lid up.
As I mentioned in passing in the Toilet Seat Ups And Downs topic, I always sit, despite being male. I've never had good aim, and so standing is always more trouble than it's worth. The lid is usually up, because sometimes a bathroom trip is just too urgent to take the time to open the lid, but if I've made something particularly pungent, or if something seems not to be flushing properly, I'll put it down.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »
Sitting's more comfortable, too. Standing around (poor choice of words) there, waiting really gets on my nerves.

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »
Bleh, I've tried doing that a few times, I don't really feel comfortable doing so, and would only do it at home.

I hate having to sit on toilets in public restrooms, and try to do so as little as possible.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »
Things that you think are nice at first but really aren't:

-A warm toilet seat in a public restroom.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print