Print

Author Topic: BIG BLOG BONANZA  (Read 3228 times)

« on: December 20, 2008, 04:52:46 AM »
What blogs does everybody read regularly?

Here's mine:

The Comics Curmudgeon -- I got linked here by the email that went with the dying post of The Comic Strip Doctor. It was inferior to the Doc's stuff, but much more regular.

Game | Life -- The regular news writing is dull, but Kohler has good features quite often. And I love his goofy videos.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun -- Four clever British men writing about PC games. And hearing their Brit-speak in the podcasts puts me in my happy place.

Fidgit -- Tom Chick is the greatest videogame journalist there has ever been. Although his best stuff was in Computer Games magazine (thanks to Steve Bauman's editorial policies) and Shoot Club (thanks to its storytelling), both are currently dead. He recently got a gig doing this Sci-Fi Channel-sponsered blog.

Scott Adams Blog -- Like Fidgit, I've been with this one since its inception. He loves throwing out crazy theories and enraging commenters.

Sirlin.Net -- Tourney pro and game designer David Sirlin wrote one of my favorite books, Playing To Win.

Play This Thing! -- They write about a non-mainstream game nearly every day. I've played many delightful gems thanks to this site, particularly the stuff linked by the99th.

Flash of Steel -- Strategy gaming blog by one of the old Computer Games writers.

<a href="http://www.peterdavid.net/>PeterDavid.net[/url] -- Probably my favorite comic writer.

Kieron Gillen's Workblog -- 1/4 of Rock, Paper, Shotgun writing about games, music, comics, and music comics.

manic pop blog -- Computer Games editor Steve Bauman's blog. Totally dead.

Sprocket Holed -- The elusive Kelly Wand on movies.

ActionButton.net -- I usually only read the Tim Rogers entries. Tim Rogers is awesome.

So those are the interesting ones. I left out the sites that basically just paste news articles.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:40:11 AM »
Unless I have a poor grasp of the meaning of the word, I think--and you might want to clear the area around of small children and pets for when your socks are blown off--I don't actually read any blogs.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »
The Comics Curmudgeon -- I got linked here by the email that went with the dying post of The Comic Strip Doctor. It was inferior to the Doc's stuff, but much more regular.
This is the only one I read.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 11:49:31 AM »
I don't regularly read any blogs. I do occasionally look up articles on them I've been linked to before.
That said, I do like Original Sound Version.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 02:37:16 PM »
This is the only one I read.
Well, now that you mention it, I did peruse that site a bit once, but it's not like I read it regularly (probably ought to, though). On that note, I have read the entireity of Permanent Monday but that's long since been discontinued so it doesn't really count.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 03:09:47 PM »
LD links to posts from many of the gaming blogs in the chatroom, but while I enjoy them, I basically only read those posts. I just added the PTT!, Sirlin, Fidget, RPS, and FoS feeds to my bookmarks, so that should change.

Twitter and webcomic stuff like the xkcd blag probably don't count, so the only blog I really read regularly isn't worth mentioning here, since I only read it to laugh at how absolutely horrible the writing is.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »
I only read Fidgit at the moment, and if you count newsposts by webcomics, I also read Penny-Arcade and Ctrlaltdel.

I love this thread because I love reading good blogs and now I have a slew to choose from.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 03:38:02 PM »
http://www.mnftiu.cc the hottest blog this side of the internet.

Print