Print

Author Topic: Winter 2008 ADVANCED Poster Awards  (Read 30828 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 06:08:51 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 07:41:04 PM »
I didn't mean nominating specific examples of categories. I meant more like this:
I think the Most Missed and WTD Awards should make a return, and I want the Best Custom Title category to stay as far away from here as possible.
But if you were posting those as ideas for how to vote, that's fine.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »
Am I the ptoaster for any of these?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 09:36:37 PM »
Potential TOTY: Super Mario Streetlamps For Legs
Potential IOTY: Caterina's caricatures (although, really, pretty much anything by her would get my vote)
And I definitely second PL for Most Missed.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 02:40:13 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »
Oh, yeah, her pics are definitely tops.

As for SMSLFL, I somehow missed that... thing when I was nomination-hunting, but rest assured it is fit for an I and/or T OTY--or maybe a WTD Award.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 10:19:46 PM »
Most Missed: PL
WTD: LD.  The nice Lizard Dude we knew and loved is dead and probably will never come back.
Best CT: (We need a list of the CTs from this year, please?  I can never remember all of them.)
TOTY: Post your Brawl Pics Here
POTY: (I'll get back to that)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Jman

• Score
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 01:40:31 AM »
Best CT: Vance Vance Revolution.  I don't know why, but I've always been a sucker for puns.

Topic of the Year: What Would Any Videogame Character Say to the Above Post?

Post of the Year: Koopaslaya's rant on the "heinous coup" these awards appear to be.

Most Missed: Definitely PaperLuigi.  I'd also like to see Luigi Lover again someday.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 07:34:17 AM »
Best CT: Vance Vance Revolution.  I don't know why, but I've always been a sucker for puns.
Now here's a question: Can you vote for custom titles and/or sigs that you were indirectly responsible for? (because I posted the picture that spurred MaxVance's CT) I figure that's the case but I thought I'd ask for the purposes of the discussion.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »
At this rate it doesn't even look like there will be a category for custom titles. By the way, did I mention that voting hasn't started yet?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 11:35:06 AM »
At this rate it doesn't even look like there will be a category for custom titles. By the way, did I mention that voting hasn't started yet?
Thanks for doing this, but you should have waited and posted everything at once.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 12:04:51 PM »
Observe my response to that second quote. I'm not bitter... I swear.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 08:54:11 PM »
I've got an idea for a category:

Best New Member
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »
We have that, actually, or at least we had it last year. Let it be known that I considered you!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 02:14:57 AM »
The second post has been updated. Go read up on the categories, take some time to think, then vote!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 02:53:31 AM »
Poster of the Year: Lizard Dude and Bird Person.
Topic of the Year: Bleedthrough and Things That Made You Poop A Little.
Post of the Year (note: Max forgot this in his template): DID NOT VOTE
Most Productive Poster: MEGAߥTE and no second vote.
Smartest Poster: MEGAߥTE and Eclipsed Moon.
Funniest Poster: Lizard Dude and TEM.
Most Creative Poster (note: Max forgot this in his template too): Super Caterina! and Bird Person.
The WTD Award: Turtlekid1 and MushroomJunkie.
Most Missed: Markio and...I'm probably going to receive some flak for this, and it's weird voting for a banned user, but...Vidgmchtr.
Best New Member: Count Bleck and no second vote.
The Deezer Award: Deezer and Sapphira.

Print