Print

Author Topic: Name Toad's Twins!  (Read 21810 times)

« on: January 14, 2009, 05:33:14 PM »
For those that do not know, we had our first ultrasound yesterday (Tuesday, January 13). We discovered we were having twins! A boy and a girl.

Up until now, though we've had one girl's name that we like (Madeline) and one boy's name that we.. agreed upon (Benjamin), but now we're kind of stuck. With one of each on the way, we're at a loss: we've only agreed on those two names and had no middle/alternate names done.

That's where you guys can help. We would love some name ideas. May 21 is her due date, but they will likely join us earlier because that's what twins do. They are not identical twins, sadly (or happily, depending on how you look at things..)

So, throw some names at me! :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 05:41:22 PM »
Kid 1 and Kid 2.

lol but srsly, I think those are great names (Madeline and Benjamin, I mean). Maybe I'll come back later with some actual names once I've had a few Full Throttles.

Actually, Full Throttle would be an awesome name.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »
Before I can make any suggestions, I need the first letter of your last name to know what starting letters to avoid.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:45:03 PM »
Oh yeah! Her last name starts with B, and my last name (yes she has taken on my last name) is an R.

As long as name suggestions don't spell anything dirty, it's ok.

Also, we're currently reffereing to them as Thing 1 and Thing 2, and Munchkins. After birth, they are going to come to know exactly what those things are so they will get the joke or jokes.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 06:02:35 PM »
Big Mouth and Kootie Pie.

If that's not doing it for you, then I'll go with Abigail Alynthia and Jordan Cornelius.

If you like cool acronyms, change Alynthia to Isadora and Cornelius to Aaron.

(If you pick any of our suggestions, post pictures of the birth certificates to win an internet)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 06:27:03 PM »
Boy: David Dayton
Girl: Alexis Rey

For serious name suggestions that aren't just for the acronym...well, I don't have any at the moment, actually. Sorry.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »
That's ok. I wanted to name twin girls Claire Annette and Amanda Lynn, but sadly those ideas were shot down by the committee (my lovely wife). XD

I do seriously like the name Amanda though.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 06:54:47 PM »
Girl: Lizard

Boy: Dude

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 07:24:40 PM »
Will you be telling them that people on an Internet forum helped decide their names? Anyway, I suggest you name them Daniel and Julia.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 07:26:38 PM »
Matt and Laura
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 07:31:39 PM by FlamingBlueMardio »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »
I will say that some good friends of mine gave me name suggestions. They don't neccesarily have to know. They'll probably guess when they get older anyway, assuming the internet is still around, you know.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »
Holy carp, Claire Anette and Amanda Lynn are amazing amazing names.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 09:36:15 PM »
Champion and Cleopatra.

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »
I really like the name Jenny for a girl. I don't really have a favorite boy name, but name him something a little bit unusual but not too crazy. Having the same name as four other people in your class sucks.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »
I can't believe no one suggested Toadette yet for the girl. Or ShadowBrain for the boy, but I digress. How about, uh, Nathan(iel) and Amanda? I've got plenty more ideas if those don't jive with you.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print