Print

Author Topic: Name Toad's Twins!  (Read 21622 times)

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2009, 08:22:55 AM »
Boy: Anderson.

Girl:  Julianne. 
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 08:51:56 AM »
Anderson's a last name.

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 09:36:33 AM »
Anderson's a last name.

Anderson Hays Cooper.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 02:03:03 PM »
I never really liked the whole "last name as a first name" deal, unless the last name actually is commonly a (variant of a) first name. Middle name, okay, maybe.

I suggest you name them Daniel and Julia.
After Deezer and me? ;)

Maybe this topic will give you some ideas, Toad.
Here are some naming tips of mine.
There are lots of baby names and definitions sites you can easily find online, if you haven't already.

If you use Madeline, I wouldn't give her a middle name starting with an N-sound (the last sound in Madeline) or the letter M (alliteration). Probably something with one syllable – maybe two – would be good. Some suggestions: Ava, Grace, Paige, Rose. Claire, which you mentioned, could also work.

As for Benjamin, similar deal: no starting with N-sound or letter B. I think it could work with 1-2, maybe 3 syllables, depending on the name. jmdblazer's suggestion (Robert) isn't bad. I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head that works, I like, and wouldn't make the name "overly biblical" or something.

Congrats, by the way, Toad!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:07:58 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »
ALERT ALERT

Sapph just posted! 8O

...In all seriousness, I suggest taking the easy way out and naming the boy after yourself, Toad. That's what plan to do. You could also name him after your father or one of your brothers if you have any. As for the girl, I'd let your wife decide on that.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 04:31:52 PM »
Eh, naming your son after yourself is really lame, unimaginative, and somewhat arrogant, in my opinion.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2009, 04:34:30 PM »
Yeah. Toad Jr just doesn't sound so good..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 06:05:04 PM »
Do what Slash did and name him after a word that rhymes with your stage name. Load and Choad work well.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2009, 08:45:59 PM »
Eh, naming your son after yourself is really lame, unimaginative, and somewhat arrogant, in my opinion.

My mom opted to name me after my father, so pack it in. ;P

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 10:26:15 PM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2009, 12:31:36 AM »
Do what Slash did and name him after a word that rhymes with your stage name. Load and Choad work well.

Oh yeah, Slash did name his son Cash, didn't he?
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2009, 12:39:01 AM »
If you use Madeline, I wouldn't give her a middle name starting with an N-sound (the last sound in Madeline) or the letter M (alliteration).

As for Benjamin, similar deal: no starting with N-sound or letter B.
Sapphira is utterly wrong here. Alliteration is highly desirable, cool, sounds good, and very attractive.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2009, 12:48:53 AM »
Jefferson and Madison.

Both middle names Airplane.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2009, 01:05:18 AM »
I am also a fan of alliteration.
That was a joke.

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2009, 01:44:59 PM »
I like alliteration. Nicky and I haven't really discussed it much..

For the girl, we are really leaning toward the name Sophie Isabella. Nicky wanted to originally name a girl Isabell, but there was something about a recent book series with the main character named that. I kinda like the name Sophie (which Nicky also picked), so we just threw the two names together.

As for the boy, I want to use the name Max, but so far the only decent thing we could think of has been Jonathon Maxwell, which all agree is far too long a name for a small child. I just put that name together one day when trying to think of names, and Nicky liked it (surprise!) She hadn't liked many of my suggestions thus far (no Claire Annette or Amanda Lynn, darn it).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print