Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1707794 times)

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 09:10:04 PM »
I HATE (Sorry for the caps, but that's how I feel.) Illegal junk, when people make exact replicas of things like ROMs or the music on the website for Mario Compact Disco, I mean it's so tempting and it pretty much makes you a criminal, and you can feel really bad about what you did, I at one time did use ROMs, but at the time I wasn't actually looking for them, I saw Martini post one time and found a place for ROMs, and even before that I was introduced to ZSNES and the original Yoshi's Island and Super Mario Kart by a guy on another forum that would always break the rules and make people extremely mad, I was pretty freaked to know what it all was, and at the moment I had it, I was addicted, for a while too, I was downloading hacks and normal ROMs left and right, and captured my first sprite sheet, after a while I haven't touched it in a while and have put it in the recycle bin (I haven't deleted it yet though.), and don't appreciate anyone that does use them but can respect them for their ripping abilities.

Yes, I never want to touch anything like that again and will probably never even touch a ROM site again.

Ahem, sorry if I annoying the ones that use ROMs, but I felt like getting that out.
I'm a horrible person.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 09:19:50 PM »
I'm annoyed by people who think emulation is a great evil.
I'm also annoyed by people who think downloading music is a great evil.

I'm annoyed by Christian pop music. It is sappy.
I'm also annoyed by people who have Jman's opinion of modern music and Christian pop music, and the generalization or misconception of that music being the only music with a "positive message".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:21:27 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 09:38:28 PM »
I'm annoyed by topical ointments for the removal of face blemishes as advertised on the television.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 09:52:38 PM »
I'm annoyed by people who think emulation is a great evil.
Not the emulation, but the actual replicas annoy me, custom stuff for emulators are okay for me, and downloading music is not "great evil" for me, unless it's supposed to be exclusively for the game, that would be the music just happens to be an exact replica of the games, so I don't mind if it was made from  scratch or by people listening to the original, but don't go taking everything I say offensively or be annoying just because I beleive a certain thing.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 10:30:29 PM »
I hate grapefruit. Nasty lil buggers. (Nope, not austrailian)
I hate summer bugs.
I hate summer. (Winter is better, in my opinion) Well, to some extent,I like it a bit.
I hate old computers.
I hate licorce.
I hate school.
i hate pens.
I hate VCRs.
I hate DK Vine.
i hate gambing.
[/quote]
Wow, with the exception of pens and VCRs, we have a lot of hated things in common! Licorice sucks!!
Jman, rap is a 1-letter difference from crap.
I believe that if you paid for the game, you can own it in emulation as well. Too bad my mom believes that emulation gives you viruses...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 12:00:14 AM »
Narutards make me lose faith in humanity. Seriously, they take a few minor problems with the dub and pick at them like scabs. "ZOMGs Itachi sounds like an old man! The opening is less than 30 seconds long! Blood's been edited out! Toonami raped the series!!!". They should be grateful for how much Cartoon Network is allowing Viz to get away with rather than complain about such trivialites. Plus, they don't have it half as bad as the One Piece fans who have been totally screwed over since 2004.

Speaking of Cartoon Network, I hate what the channel's become in the last few years. Whatever happened to being "The best place for cartoons"? Now they seem more obsessed with beating Nickelodeon then airing quality cartoons both old and new. In fact, they've gone as far as airing live action movies, going against their mission statement, and have even shown interest in airing full time live action series as part of their program. I wouldn't mind this as much if they would just release all the classic Cartoon Cartoons on DVD so I don't have to watch a once great network die a slow painful death.

Also, I hate the way WWE has mismanaged Randy Orton. I can't blame the man for acting out after being forced to job to Triple H and drop the title in less then a month in his first title reign then being shafted in two consecutive Wrestlemania's. He was scheduled to beat Triple H last year for the World Heavyweight title but due to his botched face turn and Batista receiving far more fan support, he was removed and jobbed to The Undertaker instead. Then this year he was scheduled to win the title from Batista until he was injured and the match was changed to Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio. Then the day before the match took place Vinnie Mac decided to change the ending from Orton winning to Rey winning. Now I like Rey but what Mcmahon did to Orton was definetly messed up.

I also will forever hate that Colin Cowwhatever dude from ESPN Radio who generalized the entire wrestling fanbase then having the balls to insult Eddie Guerrero after his death, knowing people were still grieving his passing. I hope he gets fired.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 01:21:00 AM »
I agree with you 100% in your last post, Jman. IT's a scary thing, especially when you get older, and you're female, it's even scarier because you're more conscience and you have to live with the thought that there are crazy freaks in the world ready to strike and on the loose. It scares me a lot. In the news all of the time and I have to live with the thought that it could happen to me, a loved one, anyday.

About emulation, I don't believe that it's stealing because a lot of the times, the entire games aren't even on the roms. On summer: God, I'm so glad I don't live down south because it get's HOT down there. And my friend wants me to go visit her down there this summer...

Also, all rap music doesn't have bad meanings. I mean, like 95% (okay 97) is not positive but there are some positive ones out there. I hate bad lyrics sending the wrong message, but sometimes the beats are so catchy!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 10:02:38 AM »
In response to Chupperson's problem with goal-oriented games and seemingly lazy people, plus Insane Steve's difficulty with turned tables:

Chupperson: I often times had to be sent out of the living room while my brother played SM64 a long time ago, because he didn't do anything that seemed productive to me. It drove me up a wall.

Insane Steve: As a prospective college student, one thing that bugs me is affirmative action and similar programs. Even after being toned down in 2003, it still leaves some people at a disadvantage. I look at surveys for college information that remind us that blacks, hispanics, etc. can recieve financial assistence, then look at the "ethnicity section," and hope fervently that it has a "Prefer not to disclose" option.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 11:15:02 AM »
In SM64 I can understand a little better, because at least it's a free-roaming game. (I've been known to roam more in SMS, myself.) But when people are playing something and not actually TRYING to do well... ugh. Makes me go crazy.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 11:44:51 AM »
You just want to shout "You're doing it all WRONG!!! You don't even know how to triple jump!!!"
I HATE IT when summer is symbolized by a sun wearing sunglasses. WHY THE DUKAR would the SUN wear sunglasses? What is it protecting its eyes from?!?!?!?!?!? The EARTH?!?!?!?!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 11:49:57 AM »
I hate some people that I know. Like Madison and Miguel and frequently people who have the name that starts with M. Except Mom, I love my mom. And the smartest kid in the world Matt, he's cool. And he's right behind me dressed in his History Day outfit.
I HATE HISTORY DAY!!! IT IS THE CRAPPIEST THING YOU CAN DO AT SCHOOL!!!

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »
You just want to shout "You're doing it all WRONG!!! You don't even know how to triple jump!!!"
I HATE IT when summer is symbolized by a sun wearing sunglasses. WHY THE DUKAR would the SUN weayr sunglasses? What is it protecting its eyes from?!?!?!?!?!? The EARTH?!?!?!?!

The earth is kinda scary sometimes, ya know. I hate it when peoples name that start with J because it reminds me of one person who hurt me (mentally and emotionaly).
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 03:33:29 PM »
Insane Steve: As a prospective college student, one thing that bugs me is affirmative action and similar programs. Even after being toned down in 2003, it still leaves some people at a disadvantage. I look at surveys for college information that remind us that blacks, hispanics, etc. can recieve financial assistence, then look at the "ethnicity section," and hope fervently that it has a "Prefer not to disclose" option.

Ah! Affirmative hypocrisy. Indeed. It does nothing to help anyone, at all. For non-minorities, it takes jobs and opportunies they deserve and gives them to people who may not deserve them near as much because they have a darker skin color. How completely arbitrary! Why should a black woman with extremely rich parents get a position through affirmative action when she has every advantage in the world?

On the flip side, affirmative action hurts those it helps because whenever someone in a minority succeed on his* own merits, all the non-minorites he* beat out will immediately cry out, saying that he* didn't deserve his success and it was merely plopped on his* lap through affirmative action. Ugh. In fact, a recent poll I referenced for a persuasive essay against affirmative action said that 68% of blacks disagreed with affirmative action policies, and only 30% agreed with them (2% undecided). Now, I'm not sure how skewed that question was, but I think it can be assumed that there's not THAT many supporters of it.

I think I'm going to agree with the assessment that Cartoon Network in general is going WAY downhill. During "regular" hours, it seems that only like 5 different series are ever shown, ever. And none of them are THAT good, in my mind. I remember when older cartoons were shown during these times, and now they've been shoved to some channel I'll never get due to weird cable stratifications in my region -- instead I get ill-thought out not terribly funny tripe. Bah.

Don't even get me started on Adult Swim. They completely raped that block over the last year. I can't think of a single good new series in Adult Swim over the last year, and they're almost showing nothing BUT those. And whatever happened to D-Code as the bump song? That is an awesome song.

For some reason, people who do nothing goal-oriented in a goal-oriented game irks me somehat as well, although everything I've said to this point is far more annoying to myself.

And I'm also perhaps one of the few people here who loves to gamble play poker. Sure, you lose at poker occasionally, but almost everyone is SO BAD at it that in the long run, you'll win a lot more than you lose, and it's not really gambling after a long enough period of time.

Hating someone because his* name starts with "M" is one of the most pointlessly arbitrary reasons for hating someone I've ever heard. It's almost as pointless as something like, say, skin color or family background. It annoys me when people judge each other with arbitrary characteristics that the person himself* cannot change.

*For all pronouns marked at such, I am using the masculine pronoun as an indeterminate gender pronoun because typing "his/her" is kind of long. My personal view is that the author typing the sentence use the pronoun of the same gender as the author himself* to denote someone of indeterminate gender. That is all.
~I.S.~

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 05:01:41 PM »
I hate it when peoples name that start with J because it reminds me of one person who hurt me (mentally and emotionaly).

Watch out, Jman. :P

By the way, [adult swim] was showing Saved By the Bell the other day.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 05:37:27 PM »
*For all pronouns marked at such, I am using the masculine pronoun as an indeterminate gender pronoun because typing "his/her" is kind of long. My personal view is that the author typing the sentence use the pronoun of the same gender as the author himself* to denote someone of indeterminate gender. That is all.

Well done, sir.

Side note: I fully agree with pretty much everything (the important parts, at least) you've said so far in this topic.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 05:40:29 PM by TEM »

Print