Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1695838 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4950 on: November 02, 2008, 11:16:06 AM »
NOOOOOO

Fox just announced that they are CANCELING KING OF THE HILL. Blasphemy! Why would they do such a thing to one of the best animated shows ever? I'm just completely upset right now. But they also said that they would give it another season, so it's until 2010... I just wonder, what show is going to replace King of The Hill?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4951 on: November 02, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »
I challenge your allegation of that show's goodness.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4952 on: November 02, 2008, 11:59:53 AM »
I challenge your allegation of that show's goodness.

Are you kidding me? King of The Hill is the only animated show on Fox that hasn't turned to complete crap yet (just look at Simpsons and Family Guy) I will admit that I liked last season of Simpsons and how it's going now but it's still not as good as before. Now don't ask me about American Dad because I don't watch it.

« Reply #4953 on: November 02, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »
Family Guy is better than it was ever. The Simpsons is well... a hit or miss nowadays. The Simpsons was better in mid-series while American Dad is worthless. I hope people don't think that's how Americans really are. King of the Hill is alright but it's not the best animated series.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4954 on: November 02, 2008, 12:15:03 PM »
Family Guy is better than it was ever. The Simpsons is well... a hit or miss nowadays. The Simpsons was better in mid-series while American Dad is worthless. I hope people don't think that's how Americans really are. King of the Hill is alright but it's not the best animated series.

I actually consider this season of Family Guy to be quite a disappointment so far. Even for family guy it's bad. Simpsons in my opinion have been up compared to how they were let's say, 4 or 5 years ago.

« Reply #4955 on: November 02, 2008, 02:58:41 PM »
NOOOOOO

Fox just announced that they are CANCELING KING OF THE HILL. Blasphemy! Why would they do such a thing to one of the best animated shows ever? I'm just completely upset right now. But they also said that they would give it another season, so it's until 2010... I just wonder, what show is going to replace King of The Hill?

It has had 13 seasons....You should be happy that a show that hasn't even managed to get DVD releases after it's 6th season lasted this long. I guess The Cleveland Show will replace it...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4956 on: November 02, 2008, 08:46:30 PM »
I might as well go ahead and state that I don't find any of those shows anywhere near worth my time.
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4957 on: November 02, 2008, 09:24:11 PM »
I think it's sad that our emotions are based predominantly on the basis of what's on TV...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4958 on: November 03, 2008, 01:40:25 PM »
I might as well go ahead and state that I don't find any of those shows anywhere near worth my time.

OK

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4959 on: November 04, 2008, 06:07:39 PM »
http://gonintendo.com/?p=61779

Well, I guess the asshead got what he wanted.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4960 on: November 04, 2008, 06:15:14 PM »
All joking aside, now I'm majorly ****ed.

This is exactly the way Nintendo wants it. Their primary market is non-gamers who'll buy the Wii, play Wii Sports or Wii Music or some other crap nongame for a while, and then let it collect dust. Sure, they'll churn out some quality stuff every now and then to keep the system from sinking, but they've settled into a cycle where 90% of their profit comes from minigame collections. Next they'll bully High Voltage into cancelling The Conduit, lest some no-name developer make money on their system.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4961 on: November 04, 2008, 06:19:16 PM »
See?  SEE!?  This is what Shadowbrain was telling you all along!!!  Get with the program, people!

The specifics of this don't really bother me, but the principle of the thing, in the words of Glorb, majorly ****es me off.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4962 on: November 04, 2008, 06:20:38 PM »
Next they'll bully High Voltage into cancelling The Conduit, lest some no-name developer make money on their system.
Sega's publishing it, aren't they?

« Reply #4963 on: November 04, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »
Meh. I had no intent on buying it and one game's not the end of the world, so it doesn't bother me.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4964 on: November 04, 2008, 07:11:12 PM »
Like I said, I didn't intend on buying it either, but I know lots of people did and it's the principle that counts.

Eh, pirating and imports FTW.

Print