Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1705314 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4995 on: November 07, 2008, 09:55:58 PM »

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4996 on: November 08, 2008, 07:06:00 AM »
Lol.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4997 on: November 08, 2008, 08:43:02 AM »
Wait, what is that?
Populous DS (which is from EA, mind you).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4998 on: November 08, 2008, 11:59:09 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's a screen from the Japanese version, which has been out since February, and not the North American version, which comes out on Tuesday; this would explain why there's a Famicom in the shot and not an NES (ditto for the Super Famicom).

That, or someone was a bit lazy with localization...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4999 on: November 08, 2008, 01:06:56 PM »
GameCyte: Whenever you put together a sport-game compilation on the Wii, the comparison that’s going to be made is to Wii Sports. What is it that differentiates Deca Sports?

Mike Pepe: We set out on Deca Sports, not to compete with Wii Sports, but to complement. Wii Sports comes with five titles, it ships with every Wii Console out there, and it really brings Wii players into the fold; it basically shows them what they can do on the system. What we offer here are ten new sports, completely new sports, with different challenges. You also have teams involved, so, for instance, there are eight different teams inside Deca Sports, each with different attributes, that you can play. So, this is for the more mature players that have “graduated” Wii Sports, and are moving on.
LOL mature Wii Sports graduates.

EDIT: Well, I've got a few things to get off my chest...

-The ShamWow (or however you spell it) ad is tremendously irritating. Yes, I saw it a while back and yes, I don't hate it, per se, but I had to let somebody know about this, dangit!
-I recently caught the ad for Animal Crossing: City Folk and I must say, I never get tired of feeling like a total fruit for owning a Wii.
-Oh look... more no-name losers jumping on the "Nintendo rips off everybody so we deserve money" bandwagon. See my previous post about Anascape for my general feelings on this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:21:37 PM by ShadowBrain »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5000 on: November 13, 2008, 07:40:19 PM »
The guy from the ShamWow commercial is the scout from TF2. For realz.
every

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5001 on: November 15, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
WHY My DS, has been... broken in half by my little nephew. My sister said that he just grabbed it and broke one of it's hinges. it's still turns on but the buttons don't respond very well. And I just got superstar Ultra for it!!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #5002 on: November 15, 2008, 06:37:53 PM »
Look on the bright side: you now have an apparent reason to buy a DSi.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5003 on: November 15, 2008, 06:49:10 PM »
Too bad they're going to take forever to bring them over here (I may import).
That was a joke.

« Reply #5004 on: November 15, 2008, 06:52:10 PM »
The same thing with MOTHER 3. I want my MOTHER 3.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5005 on: November 17, 2008, 06:50:26 PM »
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171351

Well, those PETA nuts are at it again.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5006 on: November 17, 2008, 09:30:23 PM »
I wonder how much longer until they just use "BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" for their next campaign.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5007 on: November 18, 2008, 02:22:00 AM »
It is a joke. That's how PETA gets attention to their causes.

If PETA said, "Stop sport fishing" would you have read an article about it and talked about it? No. They know what they're doing, and if you think anyone actually wants fish to be called sea kittens, the joke's on you.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5008 on: November 18, 2008, 05:32:45 PM »
Yeah, that/those previous discussion(s) is why I posted it here. We're on to you, PETA!

Palming soon to a face near you...

I cannot even fathom the balls it takes to say something like this.

« Reply #5009 on: November 18, 2008, 07:23:17 PM »
Exactly what part? The one where Reggie claims people who buy stuff like Wii Fit will eventually buy the more traditional games or when Cammie claims that Wii Music sales will pick up eventually?

They are a business and whether you like it or not, they found the key to success. It came at the expense of fanboys and the core audience of the industry, but fanboys will always complain and never leave them, justifying their position every time they come under scrutiny for buying the latest entry of one of their franchises. The core audience already abandoned them last generation, and are too busy playing Gears of War and running internet memes through the dirt to care.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print