Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1704833 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5355 on: March 26, 2009, 09:14:32 PM »
My first Zelda game was Adventure of Link!

Which SERIOUSLY TURNED ME OFF OF ZELDA.

Until I played Ocarina of Time.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #5356 on: March 26, 2009, 09:15:58 PM »
My first Zelda game was Oracle of Seasons :D

:|
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5357 on: March 27, 2009, 07:32:28 AM »
While we're all discussing Zelda, let's see what Castle Vidcon has to say about Spirit Tracks.

Of course.

Museum of Hoaxes confirms what anybody with half a brain already knew.

Man... I just don't know about this.

Not my angst, really--more like someone else's

And finally, a visual affirmation of something I'd been suspecting all along:

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5358 on: March 28, 2009, 02:20:58 PM »
I have angst because of Vista's lack of options. Aero feels like more trouble than it's worth (a lot of my programs aren't compatible with it, and even with translucency off it takes up a lot of resources), so I've been trying to downgrade, but Vista Basic doesn't allow any colors other than sky blue, and on Classic, I can't figure out how to change the colors of the taskbar and the majority of the windows (making the parts of the windows that I can change just look ugly), like I used to in 98 and XP. In fact, I'm pretty sure they took that ability out for some stupid reason, and it looks like the only way to do anything about it is to switch it to a High Contrast theme, which will force it to be black instead of forcing it to be light grey. I want brown, dangit.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5359 on: March 28, 2009, 08:28:49 PM »
I have ANGST since it looks like Rao's about to get deleted from AE for inactivity. BMST: now at two members.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5360 on: March 28, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
He just logged in.

I can't play any of the games I bought earlier, because I have basically no hard drive space. I've definitely got to get an external hard drive of some sort, possibly one of those little ones that I could fit in my pocket and not need a power cord to use.

« Reply #5361 on: March 28, 2009, 11:54:36 PM »
I have angst because of Vista's lack of options. Aero feels like more trouble than it's worth (a lot of my programs aren't compatible with it, and even with translucency off it takes up a lot of resources), so I've been trying to downgrade, but Vista Basic doesn't allow any colors other than sky blue, and on Classic, I can't figure out how to change the colors of the taskbar and the majority of the windows (making the parts of the windows that I can change just look ugly), like I used to in 98 and XP. In fact, I'm pretty sure they took that ability out for some stupid reason, and it looks like the only way to do anything about it is to switch it to a High Contrast theme, which will force it to be black instead of forcing it to be light grey. I want brown, dangit.

3D Effects changes the colour of the taskbar, I believe.

Also, I recommend finding a uxtheme patcher (just Google it, it's easier if you have Vista 32-bit but 64-bit will work with a little effort) and go through several sites (deviantart is one) and look for Vista themes. There are some good ones out there (most of them use Aero but there are a handful that don't).
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5362 on: March 29, 2009, 12:47:17 AM »
3D Effects changes the colour of the taskbar, I believe.
It's dumb, but it works. High five.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5363 on: March 31, 2009, 07:32:51 AM »
I have angst because my computer was acting up last night.  It's fine now, but the reason I have angst about it is that to get it to be fine, my dad had to uninstall mIRC among other things.  So I might not be in the chatroom for a while.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5364 on: March 31, 2009, 09:17:09 PM »
Dumb: Ripping off the Wii.

Dumber: Being a major tech company and ripping off the Wii and stealing a Wii promo picture for your corporate slideshow:

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5365 on: April 01, 2009, 09:55:22 AM »
I currently have a tiny bit of ANGST because of Cave Story. Yes, I realize that Cave Story is not a big ANGST-causer, but it's made me angry. I've been attempting a playthrough without the machine gun. It's not easy. The Core has beaten me more than a few times. No big deal, though, right? Just load the save and try again. What's really ticked me off this time is this:

That's right, I just drowned. In the air. ABOVE. THE. WATER.

GAH!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:59:49 AM by BriGuy92 »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5366 on: April 01, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »
The anti-underboob have struck again!

EDIT: Who the **** thought this was a good idea? Seriously, are we trying to render humanity obselete?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:45:20 PM by ShadowBrain »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5367 on: April 02, 2009, 08:58:46 PM »
Um, I think it's a good idea. I am very much in favor of machines that can learn. I hope we see self-aware computers within the next few decades.
That was a joke.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #5368 on: April 02, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »
I think it's a good idea. I hope that they make robot masters soon :D :D :D

I want a Heat Man.

...also it seems that ShadowBrian is one of them paranoids.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #5369 on: April 02, 2009, 09:50:22 PM »
A real life Napalmman would be freaking scary.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print