Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391645 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #675 on: January 28, 2009, 09:16:37 PM »
Too many title variations. How hard was it to name the games anyway?

« Reply #676 on: January 28, 2009, 09:53:18 PM »
That's not the actual problem. The games were developed by a company called Westone, but then licensed out to a buttload of various publishers. So the same games have many versions starring many characters with many stories and appear on various systems.

Look at this.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #677 on: January 28, 2009, 10:02:48 PM »
I never knew that Wonder Boy was Adventure Island and The Dynastic Hero.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #678 on: January 28, 2009, 11:12:27 PM »
Holy carp. And I thought explaining the same kind of thing for EarthBound/MOTHER to people was annoying.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #679 on: January 30, 2009, 11:01:10 PM »
hey, has anyone been able to find the whomp sound effect anywhere. i have looked everywhere and i have come up empty handed.

« Reply #680 on: January 30, 2009, 11:21:43 PM »
hey, has anyone been able to find the whomp sound effect anywhere. i have looked everywhere and i have come up empty handed.

Grr. That is my fourth -- scratch that, fifth time seeing that post...
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #681 on: January 31, 2009, 12:36:47 PM »
Can someone please make it so that, upon registering, you are notified that you can't post threads for while?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #682 on: January 31, 2009, 12:47:48 PM »
It should be common sense that you lurk enough on any forum before posting. Lurking enough includes reading the rules.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #683 on: January 31, 2009, 08:25:04 PM »
Common sense is never that common...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #684 on: February 02, 2009, 03:31:42 PM »
Only notable game release is the girly-girl Atlus DS RPG My World My Way.

I'll probably go see Fanboys in the theater. Still need to see Benjamin Button too.

The VC continues to be dominated by SEGA.

Next week is going to be epic, BTW. At least 5 games I want coming out...

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #685 on: February 03, 2009, 12:17:06 AM »
Apparently R-TYPE Dimensions is a remake of the first two games with optional enhanced graphics, 1080i, a new co-op mode, and a new infinite lives mode.

Co-op R-TYPE does sound incredibly sexy, though. I'm close to weeping tears of joy just imagining the beautiful weaving patterns of ships and bullets dancing through the sky now made possible and enhanced by the graphical overhaul and the control afforded by a good analog stick. Best performed with ships set to speed 3.

Tom Chick says it's going to be a busy February after this week. I'm a little scared, a little HELL YEAH YS DS WITH SOUNDTRACK AND GAUNTLET \m/ \m/, and a lot graah I'm broke.

« Reply #686 on: February 03, 2009, 12:51:58 AM »
I don't care about any of those things. Next week it's all about Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad, The House of the Dead: Overkill, Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers, Retro Game Challenge, and

LocoRoco 2

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #687 on: February 03, 2009, 01:00:26 AM »
Oh man, I forgot all about Retro Game Challenge. Scratch Gauntlet, I'm hyped for some Cosmic Gate action.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #688 on: February 03, 2009, 01:15:06 AM »
"This game should be a lot, lot faster. Mom, this internet connection is so slow!"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #689 on: February 03, 2009, 01:44:11 AM »
Legacy of Ys is where it's gonna be at.
That was a joke.

Print