Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369207 times)

« Reply #510 on: June 27, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »
Gay rival is gay.

Triple battles seem like overkill to me, but whatever. The new battle option, "Shooter", has me more intrigued than anything else.

Dibs on the amoeba/bacteria Pokemon on the left of the following screenshot. By the way...
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #511 on: June 28, 2010, 06:42:51 AM »
Pokemon has intrigued me for some reason even though I am not a Pokemon fan per se.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

« Reply #512 on: June 28, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
I don't like these new ones. They look worse than the last bunch they revealed.

This makes me not want to buy Black/White.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #513 on: June 28, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »
I recently restarted Emerald, and I noticed that Professor Birch can't identify the gender of his own child. No matter whether it's Brendan or May, the professor only refers to his child as "my kid". Similarly, multiple-hit attacks like Fury Swipes always say, "Hit X time(s)!", even if it hits only once before KO'ing the foe. Is it really that difficult to alter dialogue based on variables such as a character's gender?

Fixed for Mr. Wiggles.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:04:57 PM by Weegee »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #514 on: June 28, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »
Here's the new trailer if you haven't seen it: http://www.mediafire.com/?jimym22ijvw

Looks like Pokemon to me. Not sure what some people are upset about.

« Reply #515 on: June 29, 2010, 03:30:28 AM »
I recently restarted Emerald, and I noticed that Professor Birch can't identify the gender of his own child. No matter whether it's Ethan or Dawn, the professor only refers to his child as "my kid".

Herp.

Also, its the cycle of new Pokemon BM. The new designs are always a huge turn-off to fans, but they eventually grow on them.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #516 on: June 29, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »
Herp.

Brendan or May, whatever. I don't watch the anime. So sue me.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #517 on: June 29, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »
Actually, we should commend you for not watching it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #518 on: June 29, 2010, 03:29:02 PM »
Except that is their default names in the game as well but whatever.

I'm hoping that rumor of Gyms being gone is true as well. It's about time the main quest didn't consist of fighting the same 8 trainer archetypes to gain the use of an HM and a level cap.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #520 on: June 29, 2010, 05:51:23 PM »
Some of the footage is the same. The one you linked to is missing some from the one I posted, such as the triple battles.

« Reply #521 on: July 16, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »
I'm hoping that rumor of Gyms being gone is true as well. It's about time the main quest didn't consist of fighting the same 8 trainer archetypes to gain the use of an HM and a level cap.

They already did that with Colosseum and XD.
GAY LUIGEH

« Reply #522 on: July 16, 2010, 04:00:21 PM »
If anything, I'd like to see them abandon the overused "thwart-the-evil-organization" formula.

It would also be a refreshing change of pace to have the adventure begin in a respectably sizeable city, rather than in some backwater village which inexplicably contains a Pokemon Lab. If, as shown in the TV series' pilot episode, most trainers receive their first Pokemon from their region's respective Professor, shouldn't the Labs be located in major metropolitan areas?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #523 on: July 16, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »
I'd like to see them abandon the overused grinding.

Oh wait
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #524 on: July 16, 2010, 06:11:18 PM »
Nice job bringing up a spin-off with a completely different structure which also happens to be enjoyable and challenging without forcing you to level up before feeling safe enough to take on bosses.

Print