Print

Author Topic: Metroid Prime Pinball scores  (Read 3052 times)

« on: January 01, 2006, 11:21:13 PM »
LD's top Multi Mission Bounty: 9,939,510    with one set of Artifacts and 1 in addition

Try to beat it!

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 11:29:02 PM »
Eh, I thought this game would be a little dumb... mainly because of the past games. Is this game actually good? If so, I might buy it. I love Metroid games.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 11:48:45 PM »
Hmm, well, it's pretty much all of Metroid Prime in pinball form. You collect a few powerups and fight the cool bosses (one in particular's pinball version is INSANE). Oddly, most of the playing I've done on it so far has been single card multiplayer with friends. Like SM64DS, the multiplayer is single card no matter what and pretty simple. I'd say it's more fun than SM64DS's multiplayer, though. Supports up to 8 - the most I've done is 3.

The music is phenomenal, with some Metroid Prime tunes remixed so that they use the same instruments but are kind of more complicated and some Metroid Prime tunes that are just played in metal-style. They sound like Metroid Metal but better.

What it really comes down to is if you like pinball. There are a few diversions like wall-jumping, laying bombs, and periodically standing up and blasting waves of enemies with your gun and missiles, but it's pretty straightforward pinball most of the time. If you really like Metroid Prime but don't like pinball, it's not worth it. If you're down with electronic pinball, then it's pretty flippin' sweet. Oh, I like the physics a lot, too. It feels really natural to me and I can aim shots accurately now. With a lot of pinball games, I can never get that way.

I give it an Eldee rating of slightly below Pokemon Pinball and significantly above The Pinball of the Dead.

P.S. You get the DS Rumble Pak also. I have no problem with the volume of the rumbling. I don't even notice it (admittedly, I usually use headphones). The rumbling on Metroid Prime Pinball is very nice and pinball feel-y.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 11:50:19 PM »
The Rumble Pak is compatible with Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, too, so I heard... apparently, every time the ground shakes in the game (using the hammer, etc.), the DS rumbles.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 11:53:33 PM »
Metroid Metal, eh? I love that site. My brother showed it to me. My favorite song is the main theme.

DS RUMBLE PAK?!? Wow, what's it like? Is it good? Does it only come with Metroid Prime Pinball? That's pretty neat.

I don't know, I might not buy it. I really didn't like the Pokemon Pinball thing. I always got so mad at it. I probrobly won't buy it.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 11:54:46 PM »
The Rumble Pak is compatible with Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, too, so I heard... apparently, every time the ground shakes in the game (using the hammer, etc.), the DS rumbles.
Oh, do you know if it's compatible with other games, like Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt?

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 12:01:01 AM »
I don't think so... The only games I know of that use the Rumble Pak are Metroid Pinball and PiT.

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 12:02:51 AM »
Okay, well I'll stop talking about this so I won't get too off topic.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 12:05:31 AM by Khold »

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 12:04:12 AM »
The DS Rumble Pak is a GBA cartridge-sized device that fits into the GBA slot on the DS and rumbles.

The only games I know it works with that are out are Metroid Prime Pinball and M&L:PiT. It does not work with MKDS and I'm sure it will work with Metroid Prime Hunters (but not First Hunt).

Print