Print

Author Topic: Font color disabled  (Read 30846 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 08:48:27 PM »
Think about how much useless trash this forum has now due to image support, though. Seriously, just consider it.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 10:07:40 PM »
I considered it, and then I thought about all the great pictures I've seen here and decided that's a terrible suggestion.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 11:20:54 PM »
I don't think they're talking about the pictures from your long lost Harem threads.

I think maybe font color could be added for members who prove themselves worthy after a certain time (or number of posts, or maturity level, or.. well, you get the idea). Kind of like other features (like the Start a New Topic button).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »
Ironic, considering that LD is the one mainly responsible for the ban on font colour.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »
Let's ban the follwing:

Ability to format text
Ability to start topics
Ability to post images
Ability to post links
Ability to post urls
Ability to post

Then we will be free of problems foreeeeeveeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
every

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »
Except for people who decide to edit a recent post (I don't remember anymore whether a post becomes uneditable an hour after posting or when a new post occurs in the thread. Don't know if you can leave the Edit window open indefinitely and then end up editing the post hours afterward. I say that because I sometimes spend hours on posts).

Disabling font color I don't mind, it's not something I use and the less HTML-like behavior in posts the better (except images and links, gotta love 'em). Not being able to change the theme... well, in most cases I think changing the theme's something you do upon becoming a new member to a forum. I'm so used to the dark theme that I don't mind if I keep it forever. Too bad new members won't be able to change the theme though. What does mildly bother me is a complete inability to see avatars due to the dark theme (or maybe due to having been around long enough that maybe perchance the new dark theme has avatars but it glitched somehow).

EDIT: Got me an avatar. Oh hai sudden-avatar-next-to-login-status. Oh hai time-offset-meaning-difference-to-forum-time-instead-of-time-zone. So all this time I should have had time offset at -1.16 instead of -8. That makes so much sense.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 04:47:48 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2010, 07:03:07 PM »
Can't avatars be seen in members' profiles with the default theme?

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2010, 07:55:39 PM »

I forget which theme is the default. The one I view the FF in is the grey/black colored one. My avatar only appears up at the top of the page ("Hey, Toad, you have.."), and I can only see other avatars when I view someone's profile.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2010, 08:12:29 PM »
It's all about seeing the avatars right next to their corresponding members' posts.  I've said this before: it adds personality and individuality.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »
You're stuck with the default theme, Toad.

I've said this before: it adds personality and individuality.

Indeed. Lizard Dude has yet to explain why personality and individuality are bad.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2010, 11:11:58 PM »
Personality and individuality on a message board should come from the content of one's writing, not what their post looks like.

That said, while I like having the ability to post images and have seen some good ones on this forum over the years, there are far too many users here who abuse that privilege and make posts consisting of nothing more than iceburn.gif or reaction images, and I definitely wouldn't miss that if the ability to post images went away.

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2010, 12:02:04 AM »
Personality and individuality on a message board should come from the content of one's writing, not what their post looks like.

If that's the case, why did you give yourself a unique username when you joined this forum? Shouldn't you also be lobbying for all people to dress identically? It's the same concept, after all. Besides, it's pretty inconsiderate to want a feature disabled just because you'd rather not use it.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2010, 12:54:43 AM »
Way to read only the first sentence of a post.

If that's the case, why did you give yourself a unique username when you joined this forum?
You know as well as I do that this forum lacks the option of anonymity (not that I would've chosen such a thing as an eleven-year-old joining a message board on the Internet).

Shouldn't you also be lobbying for all people to dress identically? It's the same concept, after all.
It's really not. In the real world, different people require different clothes. Because of various physical needs, no one could ever truly dress identically no matter what, so such a concept is meaningless. Meanwhile, on the Internet, you can easily make do with little more than a name (if that) and your works. No matter how nice or useful they might be, things like images should be unnecessary to get your point across if your writing is good.

Besides, it's pretty inconsiderate to want a feature disabled just because you'd rather not use it.
Never at any point did I say I wanted it disabled because I don't want to use it (and I wouldn't have said that, as I do use the feature). I said I wouldn't mind if it was disabled because of a few particular users who abuse it.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »
Haha, look at Warp trying to force conformism on everyone, it's cute.

See, the only reason font color is gone is because LD and whatsisface abused it, and we can't discipline popular members oh no! So instead of doing something about the cause, we just did something about the effect. I'm sure if a lesser, not-as-old member had pulled a stunt like that, they'd have been banned.
every

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2010, 10:43:23 AM »
I was banned four months for posting The Creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel's ceiling.

Print