Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Island and Mario Party announced for Nintendo 3DS  (Read 13508 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: April 17, 2013, 03:02:24 PM »
Nintendo revealed new entries in the Yoshi's Island and Mario Party series during the Nintendo Direct webcast earlier today. Both titles are currently in development for the Nintendo 3DS.

The upcoming Yoshi's Island game will bring back Yoshi and Baby Mario for their third platforming adventure together. No release date was announced.

Releasing in the winter, Mario Party will include seven game boards, 81 all-new mini-games, AR Card games, and StreetPass battles.

Link: Nintendo Direct - 4.17.2013 (NOA)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:13:48 PM »
Hope YI2 is good!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 09:16:05 PM »
...You mean YI3DS.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »
The two critical questions:

Who is developing YI3DS?

Will MP3DS have single-card 100% multiplayer like MPDS?

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 07:43:22 AM »
I hope YI3DS is awesome, much like it's Snes brethren. The series could use another awesome entry..

So some of the levels in the video look very similar to levels from the Snes game. It almost looks like a remake. Almost!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 12:27:53 PM »
Please tell me the new Mario Party isn't going to have carpooling.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 12:21:58 AM »
The new Mario Party isn't going to have carpooling.
just following instructions
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 12:56:31 AM »
Nintendo revealed new entries in the Yoshi's Island and Mario Party series during the Nintendo Direct webcast earlier today. Both titles are currently in development for the Nintendo 3DS.

The upcoming Yoshi's Island game will bring back Yoshi and Baby Mario for their third platforming adventure together. No release date was announced.

Yoshi's New Island is cool!
"Nice of the princess to invite us over for a core destruction, eh, Luigi?"

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 10:05:57 AM »

I sure hope they don't make it like DS again, because that was just rediculous.
Now with grandeur.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »
rediculous

That aside, I kind of agree. Yoshi's Island DS was pretty bad. Not bad enough for me to not want to finish it, but certainly bad enough for me to not bother with any of the bonus levels, or even really want to touch it after finishing it once. I lost my copy a while back, and haven't even bothered looking for it.

It did give us this, though. So that's something.
Kind of has a Shimomura-ish vibe to it, don't you think?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 04:48:15 AM »
I actually like Yoshi's Island DS. I felt it was a solid game and it added to the Mario lore. Plus c'mon, he was annoying, but Baby Wario was cute as a button!

Excited for the 3DS stuff of course too, more games I need to catch up on!!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 09:42:33 AM »
it added to the Mario lore.

Bluuuuuuuugghhhh.

"Mario" and "lore" don't mix. Unless that lore is standalone and doesn't affect the main Mario characters, e.g. the stuff from PMTTYD or SPM.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 09:59:35 AM »
Mario lore is actually not part of the main story at all, considering how most of it was given in spinoffs.
Now with grandeur.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 10:32:38 AM »
Or made up by MarioWiki
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 12:09:15 PM »
Mario lore is actually not part of the main story at all, considering how most of it was given in spinoffs.

....Isn't that exactly what I just said???

Print