Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Cookie removed from Wii Virtual Console in USA and Europe  (Read 7523 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: October 10, 2013, 01:46:03 AM »
The NES game Yoshi's Cookie can no longer be purchased on the Wii Shop Channel.  The game was scheduled for removal from the European Wii Shop Channel on October 11th (according to an alert on the Shop itself), but was removed from the US Shop Channel on or before Wednesday, October 9th.

It's interesting to note that the game was scheduled for removal with the next regular European shop update, but vanished from the US shop slightly before the regularly scheduled update.

Update (10/10/2013): This title has reappeared in the Wii Shop Channel, but will be removed again on October 18th, 2013.  More details are available in this TMK news post.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:27:23 PM by David »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 02:39:04 AM »
Why would a game be removed, anyway? Does this make it something of a digital collector's item?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 09:25:14 AM »
All three DKCs were removed a little while ago too. This is even more mysterious.

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »
All three DKCs were removed a little while ago too. This is even more mysterious.
I guess you could say that now those games are a bit more...

Rare.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 02:07:36 PM »
Oh come on!! First off, Yoshi's Cookie is a childhood favorite of mine. Next, they aren't even giving us proper notice! Why is Nintendo doing this?! Yes I have it and Donkey Kong Country on Wii already but this is just stupid! Does Nintendo even care about the people who DON'T have any of these games yet?!

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »
I bet you it'll be on the Wii U virtual console in a couple of months.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 05:57:09 PM »
I bet you it'll be on the Wii U virtual console in a couple of months.

I thought a bit of this too. I really hope you're right though. Or I probably won't be the only Mario fan upset by this piece of news.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 06:19:50 PM »
I don't see why all Virtual Console titles aren't available for both Wii and Wii U. I really wish I could port A Link To The Past and StarTropics over with Gamepad support and Miiverse functionality, I'd be compelled to finish them both sooner.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 06:24:23 PM »
I don't see why all Virtual Console titles aren't available for both Wii and Wii U. I really wish I could port A Link To The Past and StarTropics over with Gamepad support and Miiverse functionality, I'd be compelled to finish them both sooner.

Agreed. I just now realized what I can do with the Miiverse's virtual console game communities and Mario RPG is the one game I'd love to have a community about right now.

Print