Print

Author Topic: Help me -- please read!  (Read 6326 times)

« on: September 09, 2001, 09:12:41 PM »
I just discovered that in Yoshi's Cookie, if you don't enter a name, then the game will enter one for you. It depends on your controller and character.

1P:

Mario: MAR
Yoshi: YOS
Princess: PEA (You know what this means? Yoshi's Cookie was released BEFORE Yoshi's You-Know-What! So Yoshi's You-Know-What wasn't the first game to use the princess's Japanese name!)
Bowser: KOO (as in Koopa)

Unfortunately, the names are a bit more cryptic for 2P:

Mario: UNC
Yoshi: ANI
Princess: PRI
Bowser: BIB

I'm trying to figure out the meaning of these names, if these names have any meaning. Any suggestions?

----------
OK, I pressed the profile sig button. What? It doesn`t show my sig? That`s not fair!
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2001, 05:36:28 AM »
All I know is that Pri is Princess.

I laugh for the sake of laughing.

--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2001, 12:25:00 AM »
Yoshi's Cookie (SNES) and Yoshi's Safari were released the same month. Like most of the older games, the exact day is unknown...

I've previously stated before on TMK that Yoshi's Safari was the first game (in America) to call Princess Toadstool "Peach," while in Japan she was "Peach" since her first ever appearance in SMB for NES. If it turns out that Yoshi's Cookie (SNES) came out before Yoshi's Safari, I'd still say Yoshi's Cookie was the first game in America to call Princess Toadstool "Pea." Heheh. ;)

Oh yeah, my best guesses on the names for the second player:
Mario - UNC: Uncle (?)
Luigi - ANI: In Japanese, "Ani" means "older brother"
Princess Toadstool - PRI: Princess
Bowser - BIB: ???

Edited by - Deezer on 9/11/2001 11:26:02 PM

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2001, 05:49:21 PM »
I know,I know!
UNC=U need cheese
PRI=Princess
ANI=Anime
BIB=what Bowzer wheres when he eats.

The point is that I''m so cool, everone loves me. That''s why I carry a broom everywhere I go.

One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2001, 09:23:04 PM »
One other thing I just noticed. In VS mode, the three main attacks are BLIND, PANIC, and SLAVE. Take the first letter of each attack and what do you get? BPS -- or Bullet-Proof Software, the game's developer! Coincidence, or do you think they did that on purpose?

----------
OK, I pressed the profile sig button. What? It doesn`t show my sig? That`s not fair!
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2001, 11:12:28 PM »
OK, I just e-mailed Nintendo on this thing, and they responded:

Hello,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Actually, Yoshi's Cookie was released in June, 1993, and Yoshi's Safari was released in September, 1993.

So Yoshi's Cookie was released first!

----------
----------

Bow

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2001, 11:06:55 PM »
Anonymous Mario Fan, what do you have against Yoshi's Road Trek (Safari) anyways?
Edited 734 years ago by Bow

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2001, 11:44:58 PM »
June? My bad, got some bad info then.
Well, I still say Yoshi's Cookie was the first game to call her "Pea" but not "Peach." :P

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2001, 03:00:23 PM »
You-know-what? What is that?

Somebody set up us the bomb-omb.
Somebody set up us the bomb-omb.

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2001, 04:20:35 PM »
Yoshi's safari.

and Deezer,Yoshi was ANI, not Luigi.
--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2001, 07:59:34 AM »
Just to throw my hat into the ring, I think that BIB stands for "Bowser is Bad".

It''s lonely at the top.
It"s lonely at the top.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2001, 04:37:41 PM »
okay, mr. anonymous mario fan, why do you put that i pushed the sig button but its not here as your sig? You're skrewd!

! action canceled

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2001, 04:58:52 PM »
Okay, I changed it for you. Bonus point for whoever can guess where it's from :).

----------
Buzz (counting the kids in the car): 11, 92, 12, . . .
Mom: Buzz, stop being a moron.
----------

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2001, 04:47:14 PM »
What Is Yoshi's You Know What??

Dear God! Im flat!
Hello.

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2001, 05:51:48 PM »
You mean you don't know?

You win a free copy of Yoshi's You-Know-What, the world's worst first person shooter.

----------
Buzz (counting the kids in the car): 11, 92, 12, . . .
Mom: Buzz, stop being a moron.
----------

Print