Print

Author Topic: In Mario Party 2...  (Read 3315 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« on: February 05, 2001, 09:17:48 PM »
In every map there is a goomba hut:  a house of sorts that's shaped like a goomba.  In some levels (namely the space land) it doesn't fit in well, but it's always there, and always fairly close to the path.

My question:  is there any purpose to this thing?  At first I thought there would eventually be a secret to activate these, so they'd work as a building, like a bank or a shop, but nothing's happened so far, and I can't think of anything else that could do anything.
Will they ever or were they ever at a point in planning supposed to serve a purpose, or are they just "there?"
Go Moon!

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2001, 11:46:13 AM »
I've noticed the Goomba houses too. I can't confirm it, but I think they originally had a purpose but it was cut out of the game.

-----------------------------
"No way! You beat me... again!! And I just spent my entire savings on these new Koopa Mach 1 Sprint shoes!" - Koopa the Quick (Mario 64)

"That''s called cheating. Last I heard, it was against the rules." -Me

CodeHunter64
Leader of the CodeHunters
-----------------------------
"No way! You beat me... again!! And I just spent my entire savings on these new Koopa Mach 1 Sprint shoes!" - Koopa the Quick (Mario 64)

"That''s called cheating. Last I heard, it was against the rules." -Me

CodeHunter64
Leader of the CodeHunters

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2001, 08:23:07 PM »
I suppose it's just Goomba's House... Kind of obvious...

Just Your Normal Fool on The Hill...
Happy? IMPOSTER...I Never Use H word!!!
"Welcome to a Game Guy Minigame! First i must take all you coins! (-X Coins) Ok We''re Off to the Game Guy Game Room! So hang on tight because it''s going to be a rough ride!"~ Sheesh! I gotta stop playing the Shyguy Games!!

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2001, 01:49:53 PM »
I agree that it might have had a purpose orginally, but now it is just part of the decor.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2001, 02:34:18 PM »
Where to you think the battle/duel goomba(s?) spend their time between battles/duels? If not that, then I think CodeHuntr 64 has a good point.

(The Mario Party net.god has been summoned away.)
It"s lonely at the top.

Print