Print

Author Topic: Mario's Dyslexic "Cousin" to Appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 10514 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: January 09, 2008, 05:21:55 AM »
Remember Captain Olimar from Pikmin?  He's back and playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  The latest round of updates at the Smash Bros. Dojo website contains both a character profile for Captain Olimar and his Pikmin and a sample music track from the Pikmin series.

What's that?  You don't understand why TMK has a blog entry about Captain Olimar?  Just reverse the phonemes in the Captain's name.  "Oh"-"Lee"-"Mar" becomes "Mar"...
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 02:56:39 PM »
WOW!! I mean wow. This is a HUGE surpirse to me. Never thought he would become playable. This is awsome that they made him playable.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 03:46:54 PM »
This revelation, plus seeing a bunch of other GameCube stages added, now tells me that HAL's stuffing in a lot of the GameCube content and doing fan service. I wouldn't be surprised if Leon S. Kennedy appears (according to the rumor over at Nintendojo). Every time I hear something new added, it makes me more excited about the game, because now it easily has more stuff than Melee.

And Olimar wasn't much of a stretch after we saw the Pokemon Trainer. We've got some flying characters too... I'll state it again, anyone could appear in this game now.

...however, I've never actually played Pikmin or its sequel. I was too busy playing Melee :P
You didn't say wot wot.

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 03:56:29 PM »
Ohh, they just putting stupid characters like a Special Agent Haluigi, Ku Klux Klan Toad and Professor Doctor Graduate Engeenier Mario. Where is classic Luigi? I'm not telling Olimar is stupid, but, ya know...
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 04:07:59 PM »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 04:50:28 PM »
Sakurai left HAL quite a while ago.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 06:16:39 PM »
Where is classic Luigi?
Luigi's always a hidden character.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 08:24:16 PM »
Well (once again) they showed the hidden characters on the Melee website. Not to say Luigi won't be in there, of course, but if he is, I dare say he won't be a clone.

If there's no clones in Brawl then I'm gonna a rub it in all your faces. At this point I stand firm and assume that there's about a 50% chance of both outcomes.
"it's always the present"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 08:31:44 PM »
There will be clones.

Why does everyone hate clones so much anyway?
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 09:07:46 PM »
Well (once again) they showed the hidden characters on the Melee website.
But not until after launch.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 04:04:13 PM »
*Shyguy92 gasps*

Really? Um...I'm gonna say 70% (chance of clones) then.

P.S. I don't hate clones, but I do dislike clones that are almost exactly the same as the original character, like Dr.Mario.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 07:43:33 PM »
Why? Dr. Mario is an awesomated, tougher, pill-tossing Mario. With awesome background music. There's no reason you could POSSIBLY want to go back in time and stop them from adding him to Melee...
It's YOUR problem!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 08:02:47 PM »
Well the thing is, he could have been a costume.

Then Bomberman or something could have made it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 11:34:58 PM »

I don't think that Bomberman was considered at all. Dr. Mario seems like the one to top it off--like they had twenty-four and wanted twenty-five. If Bomberman could have been in it at all, you think the situation was like...

"Okay. Almost done with this character list... but it's close... Bomberman, an original character... or Dr. Mario...? Hmmmmm, I can't choose!! And I can't include both and go over twenty-five... I think players will enjoy Dr. Mario more."

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 04:30:54 PM »
Hey, I thought I predicted this on some internet message board at least a year ago.  As soon as I find the gumption, I'm going to dig that post up, and show it to everyone so they can not care.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 04:32:02 PM »
This is almost as surprising as Saki Amaya as an Assist!

Print