Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 232826 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2009, 10:23:43 AM »
Cool.

white shirt and purple overalls, because the stupid NES couldn't show the color yellow.
...Really? I could've sworn... *Wracks brain*
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »
If anyone cares, I did a lot with SMAAAASH!! yesterday. Mostly stuff I should have been doing from the beginning. Here's an excerpt from this weekend's to-do list, everything that pertains to SMAAAASH!!:

-Establish main page - Accomplished
-Add dates to comics themselves - Accomplished
-First and Latest buttons - Accomplished
-Add code for favicon to everything - Accomplished
-Change the table width from 600 to 700 to fit new buttons
-Make a favicon - Accomplished
-Update About - Accomplised
-Add link from Moonside's main page - Accomplished
-Remove brokenness note from archive - Accomplished
-UPLOAD EVERYTHING -Accomplished

It all sounds like easy stuff but most of those are banal tasks I had to do thirty-two or more times. And I'm klutzy so I messed up here and there. Took up most of the day, between whatever gaming I did.

Mentioned main page is here and is pretty much the latest comic with no next or latest button. I also uploaded a little file I was using to keep track of the characters' appearances (for no particular reason), if anyone's interested.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2009, 10:26:29 PM »
Whoa. That's a lot of stuff there, BP. Keep it up. My mom says it's always good to stay busy. I have a mountain-load of stuff to do as well. That's why I haven't been here lately. Anyway, awesome work as always. Also, is there a way to "blend" color hacks? Like changing transparency of green and orange and then putting them together making yellow? Just wondering, that's all.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2009, 12:53:52 AM »
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2009, 03:46:01 PM »
:D

^ That emoticon sums up my feelings about it.

« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »
Hey! Nice job! I like that I didn't have to read the description to recognize them. :)

What about one for the more recent Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Just a thought. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2009, 05:45:19 PM »
As the comment for one of the screenshots says, the Oompa Loompa design is the only thing I really prefer in the older movie. I can't choose between their songs, I can't choose between the ending of the newer one and the classic, "YOU GET NOTHING!!" Other than those, everything from the acting to the visuals was better in the 2005 film.

In short: maybe. I don't know. The ideas I have are piling up just like the comics I've written but haven't finished.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #232 on: January 26, 2009, 06:34:04 PM »
Everyone bills the original Wonka movie as a classic, but it really wasn't what Roald Dahl had in mind when he wrote it. He hated it after it was released. I think the newer movie does the book better justice myself.

« Reply #233 on: January 26, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »
Ah, I see. I am at work so I didn't view the screenshots.

I seem to recall us starting the book back in third grade, but only getting about 1/4 of the way through.. I don't recall why we stopped.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2009, 06:42:08 PM »
I liked the newer one better too except for one thing: the sub-plot about Willy's dad.  Why, oh why does Hollywood feel the need to add things to all the book-based movies?

Getting back on-topic, the Oompa Lucas hack was brilliant!  
Another cool hack would be to make Ness look like Charlie Brown (I dunno, I've had that in my head for a while)...
Just a thought. :)
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2009, 07:01:29 PM »
The newer movie is definitely closer to the book, but IMO, judged on their own, the older movie has a better plot. However, if they make a Great Glass Elevator movie, I may reconsider.

Anyway, great hack, as always.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #236 on: January 26, 2009, 07:54:07 PM »
Great Oompa Lucas! You should probably try making more Willy Wonka texture hacks. Or some Smurfs...
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #237 on: January 26, 2009, 08:31:01 PM »
For some reason, I read that as Oompa Lumpas.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »
Tim Burton and his writers said that they aren't interested in making a Great Glass Elevator movie. There was supposed to be one for the first Wonka movie, but Roald Dahl hated it so much he withheld the rights to the sequel.

I liked the newer one better too except for one thing: the sub-plot about Willy's dad.  Why, oh why does Hollywood feel the need to add things to all the book-based movies?

A) That was Tim Burton's idea, and B) How is character development and backstory a bad thing? You should be glad they didn't remove anything.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »
I think the newer movie does the book better justice myself.
Though the movie of the name is right, the boat ride is more accurate, and the Oompa Loompas have the right backstory, find me the part of the book where Willy Wonka was described as a young albino and I'll level with you all the way.

Tim Burton and his writers said that they aren't interested in making a Great Glass Elevator movie. There was supposed to be one for the first Wonka movie, but Roald Dahl hated it so much he withheld the rights to the sequel.
Fighting killer turds in outer space and accidentally making someone 400 years old didn't seem like the best movie plot anyway.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print