Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 234018 times)

« Reply #570 on: June 22, 2009, 10:05:07 AM »
Hi Toad

Hi BP. You are awesome! Thanks!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #571 on: June 22, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »

Wa!

While I made that, I made this step-by-step tutorial on using GIMP's paths and layers effectively. I'm not trying to teach people to copy my art style--you can use paths and layers for your own. I've used 'em for different styles myself, like the Mike sprite revamp and the drawing of Spectrum. And I use them all the time for selections when making Brawl textures, regardless of realism level.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #572 on: June 24, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »
Thank you!  I am going to celebrate by GIMPing up some Mario-related comic sooner or later..
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #573 on: June 24, 2009, 11:32:20 PM »

I made this.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #574 on: June 25, 2009, 06:10:41 AM »

Team Rocket's boss, Giovanni. NICKtendo DS is the artist behind the grunt in the picture.

Update on model hacks: the member Vile (the most involved in the realm of models) has figured out how to resize the "bones" of a model's "skeleton," and the corresponding hitbox. In other words, he can make Ike's sword longer, or Ganondorf's legs shorter. And apparently this will only affect one costume, since the model is in the same file as the textures (the PAC). What this means: Screw arrow-shooting boomerang-throwing bomb-tossing Mike Jones. When I get good at it, I can edit Ness's model to make him! His moveset is perfect--yo-yo, baseball bat... Mike gets a psychic move in Zoda's Revenge, also.
Model replacement itself is still in the works, but every step closer like this is a leap. There was a time that it seemed full edits of Toon Link and Wario would always be impossible for their paletted textures. Once, music hacks were an idea unheard of. I mean, in the beginning, texture hacks were laughed at. Now, all this junk is easy enough that anyone can do it.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #575 on: June 25, 2009, 10:46:38 AM »
OK, so it's not a comic, but here's a start...

Done in one-tenth the time of the Photoshop version.

Also, great texture hack, BP!
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #576 on: June 26, 2009, 01:57:30 AM »

Ocarina of Time Links. The main one was the younger one, while the older one is basically filler to match, a recolor with a minor alteration to the angle of his eyebrows.

So what's the point? Well, S made a Young Link, and Bluz made an Ocarina of Time Link, yes... But I took mine in a different direction. S was aiming to "bring back" Melee's Young Link (I think Young Link and Toon Link are essentially the same person: the Super Smash Bros. series' representative for all Links as children), and Bluz was doing a "cel-shaded" series (not an accurate title) and named the Link texture "Ocarina of Time Link" for similar coloration. What I wanted to do was make the Hero of Time with it in mind that the clothes Twilight Princess Link wears once belonged to Ocarina of Time Link. So what I basically did was... TP-ified an OoT-ified TP Link and used the resulting textures on WW Link--I wanted the look of Link from Ocarina of Time, but with a detail level of Twilight Princess. Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:59:49 AM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #577 on: June 26, 2009, 02:26:05 PM »
VERY impressive Giovanni. That is just plain sweet.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #578 on: June 28, 2009, 03:41:55 AM »
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #579 on: July 01, 2009, 06:58:03 PM »

Mr. Saturn dumps his pink radioactive chemicals wherever he wants and you can't stop him.

EarthBounding? No, I wrote this some time before March 3rd. And sketched it sometime before March 3rd. And surely scanned it on March 3rd.

Yeah nothing celebratory for #50 after all. I'm going to sharpie-color what was going to be it later but I just didn't want to GIMP it. I'd open it and look at it and think "Not worth it..."
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #580 on: July 03, 2009, 11:56:33 AM »

Step it up step it up step it up step it up
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #581 on: July 04, 2009, 02:33:16 AM »
Too easy! Piece of Chaos Emerald!
No! I don't want that!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #582 on: July 07, 2009, 03:00:57 AM »

Jiggly.

Hammer Bro used Yawn!

Hiii.

Captain Douglas Jay Falcon, champion of this year's YES festival
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #583 on: July 08, 2009, 12:50:03 AM »
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #584 on: July 08, 2009, 07:55:51 AM »
1 Power Ring: $0.10
10 Power Rings: $1
Fancy sunglasses: $10
The look on Sonic's face when he bites his lower lip: Priceless.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print