Poll

Which syrup-covered delight do you like more?

Pancakes
7 (19.4%)
Waffles
20 (55.6%)
They're both pretty much the same to me
8 (22.2%)
Neither
1 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Print

Author Topic: Pancakes or Waffles?  (Read 15428 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 03:30:04 PM »
I hate answering a poll, looking up at the results, and finding that I was the only one who voted for a category when there was an overwhelming majority voting for another. Pancakes, however, are FTW.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 03:53:59 PM »
I was suddenly reminded of the blooper in the first MST3K Poopie tape where Joel walks in holding a plate of waffles and, after several seconds of eating them, starts to say his line, but says "Pancakes" instead of "Waffles," then immediately catches his mistake and walks off stage. Believe me, it's a lot funnier when it's not just being clinically described.

Anyway, W is for Win. I can't get any satisfaction from breakfast if there's not something crunchy. Pancakes with fruit or chocolate chips inside of them will suffice, but if it's just regular flat soft pancakes versus waffles at just the right position on the Moh's scale, there's no contest in my mind.

However, if there's some good bacon, pancakes are acceptable, but they have to at least be banana pancakes.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »
Waffles are awesome because they exist in frozen form.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 04:21:49 PM »
Waffles are awesome because they exist in frozen form.

I have them when I don't feel making some with the waffle machine.

I prefer Waffles, also.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 08:56:08 PM »
Man, Vid makes the best polls.

I like each very much, but I like waffles a bit more, especially the frozen kind. I like pancakes more without syrup.

L'eggo my Eggo!

What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 09:19:39 PM »
That's because I actually THINK before creating any FF thread. XP
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 07:11:36 PM »
I like each very much, but I like waffles a bit more, especially the frozen kind.
L'eggo my Eggo!
Those shouldn't even be considered waffles.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 11:55:18 PM »

They're acceptable. But I really only have them when I'm too lazy to make them in the waffle maker (As I said above)

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 12:19:26 AM »
Well when you're too poor to even own a waffle iron, Eggo (or any frozen waffle) is pretty much the only alternative.

I find both fresh and frozen waffles delicious, which is a rarity for me, because I detest most frozen foods that only require heating in an oven or microwave.

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 12:43:28 AM »
ProTip: Don't post about being too poor to own a waffle iron in the same week you post about having problems with your HDTV.

-LD

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 05:00:17 AM »
I should probably get a waffle iron soon, since I've only had real waffles at restaurants.

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 02:12:47 PM »
ProTip: Don't post about being too poor to own a waffle iron in the same week you post about having problems with your HDTV.
-LD

ProTip: Learn the calendar, I spoke about the (not my) TV more than a week ago.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 02:15:06 PM »
Both, but I have preferences. With waffles, it's either Belgian or no; with pancakes, it simply must be buttermilk style. Anything else and I hurl my plate at the wall and slap whoever's serving me.
every

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 04:19:51 PM »
Waffles are amazing.

"Pancakes are like a bad comedian. All exciting at first, but by the end you're freaking sick of em." -Mitch Hedberg
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 04:22:54 PM by bobman37 »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 06:27:19 PM »

Print