Print

Author Topic: You Groan, You Lose  (Read 128573 times)

« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »
1994, according to Amazon. Note that Mickey is pointing at his dick, by the way.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2010, 10:08:53 AM »
Why does "Mickey Unrapped" not sound like such a bad idea?

In related news, Song of the South was released on DVD today.
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »
It's not the real one, for better or for worse.
every

« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2010, 01:39:29 PM »
I know. April Fools joke, ha ha. Although Brer Rabbit's head is pretty huge in that picture.

Uh, lame joke... Hopper? I brerely know her!
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2010, 12:05:36 AM »
Why does "Mickey Unrapped" not sound like such a bad idea?
You've obviously never heard it. If you did, your ears would bleed for days.

« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2010, 12:19:20 AM »
...yeah, that's... pretty bad. "U Can't Botch This?" Oh you bet your tail you can. My ears don't bleed at Mickey. They bleed at this.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:20:53 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2010, 08:46:11 PM »

DURR HURR HURR

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »
How to make money with your old copy of Superman 64:

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2010, 06:08:58 PM »
That's more in Y"A,"YL territory, if you ask me.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2010, 09:28:58 PM »
That's like the Mystery Box of videogames. That's like when GameLife went into a pawn shop, spotted the NES games Gilligan's Island and some Bullwinkle game, then asked readers which of the two to buy and play. It was pretty obvious both would suck, but the mystery was which would suck more.

You might say "but a mystery N64 cartridge might be a GOOD game!" Yeah right. Let's say it was a blank SNES cartridge of Chrono Trigger. Chances are the price it's sold for wouldn't be much different from buying a labeled Chrono Trigger cartridge, so people wouldn't risk it. And no one would willingly sell a mystery cartridge of that game anyway.

Now, if the blank N64 cartridge was a prototype of Dinosaur Planet or Conker 64, then that'd be a different story. But I don't think that's likely to happen either.

No, the next step of this prank is to sell a lame game with the sticker of a good game over it. You think you're buying Super Mario Kart, but you're really buying Mr. Nutz.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2010, 09:44:46 PM »
Note that buyers continue to bid despite the ****ing Grinch being included in the photo gallery. I suppose the middle-aged men who dominate the dying web-auction market are completely oblivious to trolling...

« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2010, 10:56:35 PM »
Well, the other images hint that it's a complete mystery, check out that MS Paint face on the third pic (that's obviously fake), so the Grinch thing just adds to the "what COULD it be? It could be a fox game, a box game, a socks game, you don't know! Mwahaha" vibe. Besides, there might be people crazy enough to bid on a fruitless auction (and if they actually get a mysterious game, so much the better. I suppose they didn't consider it might be a cartridge with a bomb or dangerous chemical inside).

If there was an auction for an unreleased game called Half-Dress: Freeman Bangs His Crowbar, would you Glorb buy it?
...that's my groaner entry.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2010, 11:30:17 PM »
I suppose the middle-aged men who dominate the dying web-auction market are completely oblivious to trolling...
Why do you call it dying?

« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2010, 06:21:40 PM »
Our news station ran an ongoing, 20/20-style exposé on internet action sites, citing how they've become monopolized by longtime users and how they hold little appeal for younger people. The industry as a whole has developed something of a negative stigma among many, as it seems.

Print